Now who said you can't have a nice garden and cats ....

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Now who said you can't have a nice garden and cats ....

Post by nannymcfee »

my garden yesterday....

Luca was by my feet when i took photo, ready to pounce :D
Attachments
my garden.jpg
my garden.jpg (79.95 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Now who said you can't have a nice garden and cats ....

Post by Crewella »

Lovely! :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Ooh, lovely spring flowers, and can I see hyacinths? Bet it smells nice too.

Yes, you can have a nice garden with cats - you just have to tweak a few things and totally give up on growing ANYTHING from seed! Seed beds make fantasic litter trays. :roll: :x
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

I still grow plants from seeds, should see the kitchen windowsill, can't see anything out of it , as its looking a bit like Kew gardens glasshouse at mo! :D or day of the trifids :D our tomato plants are getting a bit big and too cold for unheated greenhouse yet !

Bobbys girl i have 2 grandchildren...a sandpit would be = really BIG cat litter tray !!! so thats a no go :D
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

I just saw that you're up Yorkshire way hence it being too cold. I've had my tomato plants in the unheated greenhouse for a few weeks now and they're doing just fine :)

What a beautiful garden you have; I really should get some bulbs into mine for next year; they give such lovely colour this time of year
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Last week my greenhouse was 95 degrees, today it is barely 40 and there is snow in places! :roll: Mind you it did warm up this afternoon and Tommy went in the to sun himself.

I do grow from seed - just not in the garden. The greenhouse is stuffed with seedlings at the moment. Tommy has tomatoes on one side of him and verbena on the other. :)
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

Meriad, i bought some Ranunculus last year and paid a fortune for the corns,( we were going to use them in my daughters wedding bouquet ) but they never came up, so bought some at Sainsburys, later in year, £3.....they are the ones that are pink in the photo just flowering and are brilliant, i got the daffodils from Homebargins,( about 100 in bag) and also get bulbs at Lidl :D

We had a bad frost last night, as at botton of a big hill, but i am near a river too so sheltered a bit, sometimes get sea frets ( river ones) :D ,and 2 minutes walking up road bright sunshine!like a different world... (house prices rise too they are posh up on top :lol: )