Idiotic news item - aaarrrghhh grrrrrr!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Idiotic news item - aaarrrghhh grrrrrr!

Post by Lilith »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/04 ... 68848.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enough said....

Am I mad or am I mad???? :evil:

Nothing said about basic care or what problems there might be re health, old age etc. Get a cat. You can make it wear sunglasses and generally fool about with it and make fun of it.

It's cute. It's adorable.

I hope it scratches the hell out of any idiots who try this rubbish.

Aaarrrghhh grrrr!

Sorry for rant! :)

Grrr
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Idiotic news item - aaarrrghhh grrrrrr!

Post by bobbys girl »

Lilith wrote:Am I mad or am I mad???? :evil:
If you are, you are in good company.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Some might say mad.... get told not as daft and mad as they think! just have what some call a free spirit and not boring :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do put my hands up though,only once my friend and i did put a babies bonnet on her cat and stuck him in her dolls pram back in 1960's ....he never forgave us , :D
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol - I meant mad as in angry but oh yes I freely admit to being mad cat and snake woman, best way to be :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Only way to be. :lol:
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Agreed! :D

It IS a very stupid article. However, I have to confess that I'm a big fan of Shiro, the cat in sunglasses - there's something about the relationship between the cats and their owner, and the atmosphere of the house (plus the fact that Shiro looks a bit like Daz), that makes me not mind all the silly things they end up wearing:

https://www.youtube.com/user/shironekoshiro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Only way to be, Bobbysgirl, but definitely! :lol:

Yeah, Crewella, if the cat doesn't mind, I agree, that's different - it's like one of mine who years ago used to sleep in the frying pan on top of the cooker - if I'd forced her to pose there for a 'funny' pic against her will, it would have been most undignified for her - but you couldn't keep her out of it. It was nice and warm there, she said, with the pilot light. I still have that pic...bless her.

(I did scrub the frying pan every time before use lol.) :D
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

The point is, I think, that a loving owner may, or may not, have the odd moment when they feel the urge to put a Santa hat, or whatever, on their cat. Within the contect of a rich and loving relationship, that's OK.

BUT ..... if one of your main reasons for wanting to get a cat (or a dog) is so that you can dress it up and take cute pics for the internet .... then get a bloomin' doll. :evil:

I really do get where you're coming from - 'cute' is no reason to want a pet. I bet my Daz, Pugwash and poor old Fred Bare were all 'cute' once .... look how that worked out for them. :(
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ain't that the truth - and I remember my old Finn too when he joined me - he was only middleaged but thin and scruffy, burned out by his life 'on the road' and beginning to lose his fights.

If only people who think they are acquiring a living 'fun' toy could know what it's like to live with and nurse an ill/ageing/incontinent animal; see the other side of the coin and realise they are taking on a vulnerable live creature that depends on them for everything...

I know I'm preaching to the converted here though lol :)