Why do we call her Pickle Puss?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Why do we call her Pickle Puss?

Post by bobbys girl »

This is why.
rsz_054.jpg
Gracie - Pickle Puss
(231.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
She is also known as 'sucky-lemon face, or Sour Puss. Poor Gracie, she is such a pretty little cat - when her eyes are open! :roll:
Here are some of the others - Willow refused to co-operate. Tom looked away just as I took this. But you can see the beautiful pattern on his head.
rsz_045.jpg
My sweet, soppy boy
(243.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Purdy always looks you in the eye, but we are not sure how much she sees out of her left eye.
rsz_046.jpg
Daddy's Girl
(244.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My little fella. Look at the muscles in that leg! OH calls him 'Tripod'. :roll:
rsz_040(1).jpg
Bobby Dazzler
(242.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Why do we call her Pickle Puss?

Post by Crewella »

Beautiful pics, it's nice to see your gang properly. Tommy's such a gorgeous colour, and you're right the markings are lovely. You're also right about how muscly Bobby's leg is!

Poor Gracie suffers from the same affliction as Grumpy Nellie (and HRH The Duchess of Fluffington, I believe) with a fiesty expression that belies their actually very sweet natures. I'm prone to the 'resting bitch face' syndrome myself, so I sympathise!! :lol:

I love the bright ginger patch on Purdy's back, and her eyes remind me of David Bowie.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

Alice was the same. She looked so grumpy, but was a lovely girl. Her eyes are closed in this one, but she always looked cross if her eyes were open.
Attachments
Alice.jpg
Alice.jpg (68.59 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Dear Alice, such a pretty girl though. xx

Made me think of my Peaches, who was the opposite. Sweet natured but a real 'norty tortie' and supreme cat burglar, though she looked like butter wouldn't melt!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d154/ ... C00622.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still really miss her, as I'm sure you do Alice, Mark.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks for the comments Helen.

That ginger patch on Purdy seems to fade in some lights. She can blend into so many situations, like a chameleon. :lol: I almost stood on her once! :shock: :?

Mark - that is a lovely photo of a very contented cat. Both Alice and Peaches remind me of my sweet Poppy Hastings. She was only with us for 6 months but I still miss her.
rsz_011(3).jpg
Poppy - Nov 2011 a very sick kitty
(214.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
rsz_014(1).jpg
Poppy - March 2012 happy and healthy
(134.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
She was my little superstar before Bobby. That's why I am terrified of losing him (to anything other that very old age!)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Pretty girl! Poppy certainly looks as though she made herself at home whilst she was with you.

Here's to the three absent calico girls that crept into our hearts and are much missed. xx

I keep looking at that pic of Tommy - I think that very pale tabby is my favourite cat colour, it's beautiful.