Robots!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Robots!

Post by Baggypants »

I'm thinking of getting a Robot Vacuum to help keep the levels of cat hair down. We have mostly marble flooring and I seem to spend most of my life exasperated at the clumps of cat hair everywhere!

Does anyone have one? I'm wondering if they can deal with those bits of cat litter that get everywhere???
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Robots!

Post by Crewella »

I have a 'thing' about robots (I have a houseful of robot pets, mainly dogs and dinosaurs) and did have one of the early Roombas. Apart from being good fun and chasing the cats, it didn't suit us as I have far too much 'stuff' in each room and also, because I work in antiques, things come and go all the time and it would be a nightmare to keep changing the settings. This review does give a fairly accurate picture of life with a Roomba, though it's quite old - the modern ones are more powerful, have solved some issues and do pick up even better.

http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?t=4422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This will give you some idea of what's out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD8CPMeLptE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

I like those little rechargeable vacs - quick slurp round the awkward places and the dust bunnies come running :)
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Baggypants »

Thanks for the review - that was quite useful. I've been reading the reviews on Amazon too.

Our house is quite open plan - all on one level and I think apart from moving the kitchen chairs I shouldn't have to do much. We have our office file server running in the office which is at one end of the house and the fans on it attract cat hair and dust from everywhere so i'm hoping i can cut down on that. And I'm really hoping it will manage to clean that filty spot under the middle of the bed that is impossible to reach with arms or hoover!

I'm fully expecting 2 of the cats to be horrified initially - but Jerry hates Henry Hoover so much a robot has to be an improvement... Elsie will either be terrified or try to ride it :lol:

My preference is a Neato one at the moment. I've already justified the cost as overall it will be cheaper than getting a cleaner in :D plus OH has just spent a fortune on a dashcam for the car so it's my turn for a toy :D
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt5rBfNucc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you mean like this, :lol:

Asthma sufferers like myself could do with one, but i too have junk !!!! ( not junk it will be worth something/come back in fashion at some point/will use it in the next hundred years........i)

Worst culprit here is my chinchilla ! her fur gets everywhere.....and she sheds more when Spike pretends to go for her ! :D
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Baggypants »

:lol: :lol:

*looks up shark costumes on amazon* :lol:
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I couldn't get any of the cats near the Roomba, but I did get one of the robots riding it, like this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuX3OProraA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Baggypants »

Heehee - I'm sensing hours and hours of entertainment :P
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by mr_frisky »

They reviewed them on the Gadget show a couple of weeks ago. A google search may show up the results.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

I LOVE the IDEA of a roomba..... But I think the cats would actually hunt and kill it! And what the heck would happen when it encountered one of TS Eliot's stray poops???