Exams and cats

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Exams and cats

Post by Cussypat1974 »

So, I am doing my exams at the moment..... Anatomy/Physiology, Client Care and Maths out of the way, and have Microbiology/Biochemistry and Large Animal Husbandry to go next week.

The cats do help in one way. I had a big chat with Minnie about how she only has 6 nipples instead of the usual 8 due to her operation for mammary neoplasia for example. In another way, they are a complete HINDERANCE!

They are all full of SPRING at the moment, and don't know whether they want to be in or out at night. They can come and go through the open window to the cat room at all times, but they are not satisfied with this. They want to be in the hallway, then out. Then the bedroom, then out. Mammy Muffin keeps going up onto the flat roof and she can't get down. When she is let in via the window, she goes straight downstairs and can't make her mind up where to go next!

Even Byron the feral is coming in and out for some reason..... I blame the crazy weather we are having. Normally the cats all want to be outside at this time of year, but it keeps going from sunshine to rain, and it was quite cold last night.

They seem to be torn between hunting the poor birds and staying warm in their beds.... I'd prefer them all to stay in and leave the fledglings alone, but the yowling at midnight makes that impossible!

On a plus side, we go for a stroll in the garden each evening, and seeing em go crazy is just heartwarming. Especially when it is a cat who is old (like Minnie) or who was given a death sentence by a vet last year (Anu) or who I never thought would live to see another Summer (TS Elliot).

Casper (found in a van at about ten days old and hand reared) is just going BONKERS each evening, attacking, kicking and hiding in the moss the hens have pulled up out of our lawn. He will be very upset once I clear it all away after my exams!