Dave Update.

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Dave Update.

Post by Grace56 »

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I posted here. All sorts have been happening in the past months. Some good, mostly not so good.

Remember last year when I adopted Dave from my nieces back garden and brought him back to Norwich on the train last August. Well, he is doing splendidly. He has put on weight, eats like a horse, goes out and about (and sometimes yowls to go out at 2 in the morning)

Best of all, he has turned out to be one of the most affectionate and loving cats I know. He loves to curl up on my lap in the evening, head tucked under my chin or crook of my arm purring his head off. He is playful, often nipping at my ankles when we go to bed, or nibbling my fingers while I'm reading.

Funny thing is, when I first adopted him, he had a very skinny tail. But I'm sure I'm not immagining it, but it seems a tad fatter now.

I hope everyone is well, and all your fur babies.
image.jpg
(207.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Dave Update.

Post by hgale »

Hi, isn't Dave doing well?!

Denver is sending you both a big nuzzle, and a big fuss to Dave from me.

Helen and Denver
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Aww, thank you Helen and Denver. Dave says Meow and Purr to you both. :) xx
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Oooo yes i remember you and your careful journey planning back to your home with Dave ( always think of League Of Gentleman when you mentioned him)..

So very pleased he settled in, well we all knew from the offset that you 2 were meant to be, and had 'found' each other when things get :0(...

Thank you for the lovely update, and bless you, Dave looks so laid back ...well done !
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Hi Nanny. Thank you. Yes, I loved Dave from the outset. And he has been such a comfort during the past few, rather bleak months.
At one point, I was very close to losing my home and for myself, I was resigned to it. But I was so distressed about Dave and what I would do with him. A friend would have taken him until I found another place, but she has a young child and Dave doesn't like children. He is very much a 'one person, no other animals in the house' cat. So we are definately perfect together. :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi, I love Dave!

If I'm not mistaken that is a Siamesey tail and legs - is he a very tall lanky boy? He's gorgeous :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Grace and Dave,

lovely to hear from you again. So pleased Dave has settled in so well - he does seem very happy.

Sorry to hear you have been having house trouble. I hope it is all OK now.

I hope you and Dave have very many happy years together. Please don't be a stranger.

Fusses to Dave

Love Sue
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Hi Lilith and Bobbys Girl. :) Yes, Dave is quite tall with fairly long legs....and he's heavy. Lol. And very vocal. Actually, I can hear him now yowling at another cat in the courtyard. :o

My housing troubles are over, thank God. And all well here. I am now on line at home so I can visit this fab site often. :)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I remember when you got Dave too - it's lovely to see him looking so well and happy! :D

Hopefully, things are on the up for you both now. xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww Dave does sound like my George who was three quarter Siamese, only he was black and just like the Beast of Bodmin. He was heavy too. He was so heavy he once fell through a table lol.

Well, it happened like this - at my last house there was an outdoor table I'd made from an old cast iron sewing machine frame and some handy planks of wood and one summer a mason wasp made her nest in it. I like insects and enjoyed watching her, even if she did catch the friendly hoverflies and carry them down into a crack in the planks (where, drugged, they were eaten by her grubs; eww but that's Nature for you.) I kept finding sawdust under the table but thought nothing of it...

The following spring, after Wasp and her offspring had departed, the cats and I went out for the first airing after winter; there was a peculiar noise and I looked round to see a hole in the table and George sitting underneath it, looking extremely annoyed. Presumably damp and rot had got into the table and finished off Wasp's excavations, and when George had jumped up on it it had given way under his weight. Poor George! But the only injury was to his dignity.

Love to Dave and glad things are better for you both now :)