A gift from Bob. Has anyone fead it

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

A gift from Bob. Has anyone fead it

Post by nanny pamy »

I'm not sure if I've asked this before but I purchased a book called A Gift From Bob by James Bowen. How a street cat helped one man learn the meaning of Christmas. He was a homeless guy and a cat befriended him. Oh my, you need tissues when you read this book but its amazing and shows the bond a cat can have with a human. Really makes you think.
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: A gift from Bob. Has anyone fead it

Post by nanny pamy »

If you type it in Google it tell you about it. I got it from Amazon
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Errm, must I? :)

I've been overcome enough by Paul Gallico's 'Jennie' - a novel about strays, owned since childhood and recently read, and Philip Brown's 'Uncle Whiskers' about a ginger cat who lost a front leg in a road accident and was left with the other paw paralysed, but who still learned to hunt - hopping on his hind legs like a kangaroo!

If I read any more books like that they'll be sending in the fire brigade to mop up the floods! :lol:
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by hgale »

I haven't read A Gift from Bob, but I have read the first 2 books in the series on my Kindle - a real life affirming story - Lilith you have to read them, they really are lovely books, but I know what you mean about cat books - many of the ones I have read also need tissues!

Speaking of Paul Gallico - have you read The Silent Miaow? Its a really good book written by a cat and "translated" by him, its really funny and thought provoking too.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ohh lol yes, the Silent Miaow - a copy is kept in the back bedroom bookshelves (there are the top-of-the-stairs bookshelves, the landing bookshelves and the living room bookshelves too, but the back bedroom is where they dine - well there is a living room biscuit bowl too) and we, cats and me, have all read it! :lol: