MICE AGAIN!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

MICE AGAIN!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

We still have the kitchen mice, and I caught one this morning using Hill's AD cat food as bait (the irony is NOT lost on me lol!). Then I had a busy morning worming and medicating and cleaning the chicken coop.... Which involves letting Carlos the Terrible out for the day and protecting myself with the snow shovel..... Sooooo.... I still had to get Patches in to give her her extra feeds (she is having ear surgery later in the month and I am feeding her up beforehand as she is looking a little thin). So..... As I was sneaking past Carlos to nab Patches.... I spot Thumbeling staring intently at the ground...... I assumed it was a spider, but nope, it was a little mousey! So I put Patches in, armed myself with a sweeping brush (Carlos was there eating cat food) and managed to get the mouse! Thumbie doesn't seem to be much of a huntress, and the REAL cats were all lazing in the sun (ears done with sunblock where necessary!). Thimble just let me take the mouse from under her nose...! I have never seen her hunt mind, and she really didn't seem to have a clue what she was doing. The mouse was a young one and just looked scared.
So.... I brought the mouse inside, Patches escaped! I put the mouse in my husband's lunchbox while I retrieved Patches. Then I fashioned a rehabilitation chamber for mousey. Then I realise the stress of being inside would probably kill Mousey, so I peeked in and braved Carlos to put Mousey into the shed where all the trapped mice go. Then I wormed and fed Patches, who is snoozing on the couch ever since. What a morning!

Mousey ran away so I hope he will be ok, but I really need to speak to my vet about having a noise ready dose of antibiotics for these occasions...... And a proper container to pit them in in case they need it.....
claire_lee
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: MICE AGAIN!

Post by claire_lee »

I had to laugh but does your OH know you put a mouse in his lunchbox? :lol:

Mine would go spare if I did that - not that I'd tell him if I did anyway !!