Advice needed on sticking my nose in

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Advice needed on sticking my nose in

Post by Mrs Kane »

Blimey, Mrs Kane - I don't think I'd pass you're test!!
Haha! Don't worry Crewella, it's not what you think! If you want to take it I'll grade it for you though ;)

I can give you the answers too if you like? (Yes I am that sad. I made answers to each question)
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Q6

Answer:

Buy a large throw, hubby will never know.... :D

( daughter had a pet rat once, he nibbled away at one of the couches large back cushions...we just bought some smaller cushions to 'cough' match the decor , hubby never knew there was a great big hole!!!, and and beds have their own cats flaps in base as such made by Spike and Osiris when they were little s*ds :D , valances cover them now, ... )

:D
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Lilith, I love that remark about the tin of beans! Reminds me of the lovely cat rescue lady I got Smithy from. W were talking about a great vet we know who does a lot of cheap TNR ops for the charity. She had her own cat to see him one day, and at the end of the consult asked if she should keep him indoors or was it ok to let him out as normal. The vet said "no, he needs to go to bed", kissed him on his head, and put him gently back into his carrier! Lol, how many vets actually behave like that in front of clients eh? He is a lovely lovely man....

Mrs. Kane....

1 c
2 a (but I only play with SOME.... Most are far too busy playing outside themselves, although they all LOOOOVE their evening walks around the garden!)
3 c
4 c
5 c
6 c (hubby bought himself a lovely armchair and it is now a scratching post-cum-scratcher!) bloody trees everywhere but a few still prefer fabric. And Aygo prefers crocs..... While they are on human feet only mind you......)
7 b. it blooming works! I did it with Smithy when he peed all order his cage and sat in the clean litter box. Put a bit of dirty litter in there after cleaning, and he figured it out!)
8 a
9 c
10 a
11 - none apply! I never go away. But when we went for 2 nights about 7 years ago, we got my cat loving aunt to come stay and mind everyone. She was FRAZZLED at the end and begging us to hurry home ha ha ha!
12 b is the closest, but we are more likely to buy stuff to MAKE stuff with..... Chicken coops or cat huts etc. Next on our list is an outdoor feeding station!
13 a
14 c
15 b

I love quizzes ha ha ha!
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

I evaluated your quiz Cussypat ;)

1 c - Wow, you sure have your life mapped out! I wish I was this organised! 3 points

2 a (but I only play with SOME.... Most are far too busy playing outside themselves, although they all LOOOOVE their evening walks around the garden!) - Sweet! Your cat is going to love you! 3 points

3 c - That's the ticket! Don't buy what you don't need! Not all cats need to be brushed. 3 points

4 c - Yay! You're loaded! 3 points

5 c - Ooooh shiny! 3 points

6 c (hubby bought himself a lovely armchair and it is now a scratching post-cum-scratcher!) bloody trees everywhere but a few still prefer fabric. And Aygo prefers crocs..... While they are on human feet only mind you......) Good luck with your furnishings! 2 points

7 b. it blooming works! I did it with Smithy when he peed all order his cage and sat in the clean litter box. Put a bit of dirty litter in there after cleaning, and he figured it out!)
- Hmm... If the paper says so, I'll poop here. 3 points.

8 a - There's a good sheeple - 2 points

9 c - Goodbye sleep! 2 points.

10 a - You're a Saint! 3 points

11 - none apply! I never go away. But when we went for 2 nights about 7 years ago, we got my cat loving aunt to come stay and mind everyone. She was FRAZZLED at the end and begging us to hurry home ha ha ha!
- From that story I give you 3 points!

12 b is the closest, but we are more likely to buy stuff to MAKE stuff with..... Chicken coops or cat huts etc. Next on our list is an outdoor feeding station! - You really love your cats. Make sure to splash out on yourself as well though! 2 points.

13 a - You know your cats and know that not every problem is a quick fix. 3 points.

14 c - Good work! Time doesn't stop and you know not to give in to illness. 3 points

15 b - It's always tough to leave your pets behind. You've chosen a hard route but your furry friend will stay with you. Just make sure they'll thank you for it. 3 points.

Total score: 40 out of 45.

Great job! You're a great cat owner! You know when to step back and give your cats their space and when to jump in when there's a problem! You're not afraid to put them first and would never leave them behind. You know your cats and they know you!
Be sure to enjoy yourself once in a while as well. They may be your babies but mum's need pampering too on occasion!
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Laughing out loud here! I can't believe you went to so much trouble with this! It really IS like one of those magazine quizzes! Have you thought of contacting one of the cat magazines with this? I am serious! I love doing these things online and used to do them in Cosmo etc when I used to buy magazines. I also used to subscribe to one of the cat magazines, and would have looooved a quiz like this one! You could get paid for this, honestly!
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

Haha! Well thankyou very much! :mrgreen:

I think I was of that era as a teen when Quizzes became super popular both online and in Teen mags, so I think it's bled into my subconcious.

I would like to point out that I put a lot of my own opinion into this, so a lot of it is probably wrong in terms of the "Official" stance on cat owners. So I don't think Cat mags would really take it, especially with some of the other answers I gave.

So, next week, rescue cats quiz! :P :P :P
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Contact them anyway! This is just a sample of your work! You are doing it for fun ANYWAY, so have nothing to lose! I am really looking forward to the next one lol!
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

If the catmags won't pay you, I bet there are LOADS of cat charity sites who would just LOVE a fun quiz like this to make people think about whether they are ready to adopt. Seriously..... You are good at it. Put that to some use!
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

In fact I have a friend with a sanctuary who would probably love it!
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

Be careful or I'll get a big head! lol!

I actually mentioned this quiz to my OH and said to post it on Buzzfeed :lol:

Maybe when I return from my holiday I'll consider it. I'd like to make the questions better though. Some (as you've pointed out) are a little too vague.

Rescue cats Quiz is postponed until August I'm afraid ;)
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Looking forward to August so! Do think about doing something with it though..... I mean, if you enjoy doing them, and people enjoy completing them, then you might as well make a few quid from it eh? ;-)