Latest possible stray (now resident) Kasper

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Latest possible stray (now resident) Kasper

Post by MarkB »

'Munchkin' has bee seen in the garden at night over the last few weeks. Heis very young and too fast for Dom - although it seems Dom likes him anyway :)

For the last few nights, he has been arriving after dark and still there when I go to bed around 2am.

Tonight, I went out around 5pm and he was crying behind some piled up stuff at the end of the garden. I went to see him and he was panting. I gave him wet food with added water and he seemed OK (it was 37 degrees at the time) I asked one of the nurses next door if he would be OK - she said panting is fine as long as they don't keep doing it.

He isn't chipped and I have reported him to CP

With his mate Dom an hour or so ago http://i.imgur.com/kyCx55t.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kylie was going to go after him earlier. He showed her this and she thought better of it. She got on jer chair and just gazed at him :) http://i.imgur.com/OjRqbuW.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by MarkB on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Latest possible stray

Post by bobbys girl »

Where do you keep finding these sweetie pies? :D
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I promise, it isn't intentional and it is too emotional to deal with. Is at least as affectionate as Ingrid. He wants constant fusses and gives Dom furry headbutts inbetween :)

http://i.imgur.com/vVutbkW.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Please can you send the next one my way, please Mark! A fait accompli genuinely homeless stray which OH can't resist, who gets on famously with other cats, and will accept that Edgar is Chief Dude.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Gosh - they do have a way of finding you, don't they!! He looks an absolute sweetheart. :)
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

I too would like to know how they find where to go to be loved.He is a gorgeous little one Mark with lovely 'mark'ings .

The number of people who have said to me after finding out about Luca, 'you watch there will be another waif and stray very elderly male black cat appearing before long '

Funny how they know to steer clear of neighbours who dislike cats...even though our gates and bungalow look the same !
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Uh oh got his paws under your table...as I've been told, they KNOW :lol:

Beautiful little guy - that shot where he's showing Kylie his belly, he looks like a silver tabby.

Apart from the touch of white on the nose, your Dom looks exactly like my Mouse, do like black tuxedo cats (as well as the gingers who own me lol.)
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

He is working on it! :)

Reported to CP and Animalsearch, but in the meantime, he is working on OH :)

http://i.imgur.com/boJyimM.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i.imgur.com/JaPFkTm.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i.imgur.com/t0BSQfA.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

He's beautiful and doesn't look very old, still got a touch of the kitten about him... They sure know which house to turn up at, love the he is pals with Dom x
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

greenkitty wrote:He's beautiful and doesn't look very old, still got a touch of the kitten about him... They sure know which house to turn up at, love that he is pals with Dom x
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

He looks even younger 'in the flesh' I doubt he is much older than Ingrid - maybe 9 or 10 months.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I'm a bit confused. I received a message from my Animalsearch listing as follows

'Hi there, this looks very similar to my one of my cats, he's been staying out loads because the weathers nice. We live in XXXXXX Rd, where abouts are you?
My cats name is Jerry and he does meow, I say this coz my other 5 don't really!
He's friendly but I don't put collars on any of mine. I'm always terrible as I haven't updated their chips.
He keeps coming home in the evening for food then goes out again.
Thank Kate :)'

Although she lives a stones throw from me, it is at the other side of a busy High St. Also a cat would have to go around the block to get to our garde. Also, I don't think he has left our garden for several days. Another thing is, she mentions that she hasn't updated chips. I had already said that the cat isn't chipped at all. Also, I have only heard him meow a couple of times - that is if I go out and his is hiding in the garden furniture at the back of the garden and wants to attract attention.

I have asked if she has any photos. I hate the idea of handing a cat over just like that. I think I may have made a mistake by telling her I live next door to the vet - so she will know exactly where I live.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

You live NEXT DOOR to the vet???

And I thought I was a jammy devil with the vet just round the corner lol.

Yeah I'd be inclined to be very cautious - to ask for photos is a good idea. The anomaly re his movements and voice and also chip is interesting; chips do move of course but this isn't likely in such a young cat surely.

Why does she say that about not updating chips? That seems odd to me, unless of course she's moved house and just not got round to sorting that out.

I know when I was on a certain snake forum years ago, if a stray (ohh yes they do stray lol) was found, the poster was very cagey about even admitting to the species for fear of freeloaders.

I hope I'm not being too harsh here but he is a lovely little chap and a lot of people might lose their heart to him after seeing pics of him.

I hope you get to keep him; looks like he's 'Mark'ed you down! :lol:

ps - could be a good idea to ask her who the vet is who allegedly chipped him - perhaps they could provide ID if he is hers?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Lilith wrote:I hope you get to keep him; looks like he's 'Mark'ed you down! :lol:
Ouch! :lol:

Mark - I'm with Lilith on this one. It does sound a bit 'iffy'.

'Is this your five pound note?' 'Oh yes, I'd recognise it anywhere!' :roll:
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Bobby's girl. The £5 note thing is a very sore point with me. When I was about 8, I we lived next door to one of my uncles. I found a 10 bob note (yes, I am old enough to remember them! :) ) on the pavement. I the first adult I saw, which happened to ne my uncle. He said it was his! - He took it off me and gave me a shilling! :( - my mum said I should have told her about it first.

I am very wary and won't be handing him over that easily. Surely she would know (and say) if she hadn't seen one of her cats for a week or more?

If sheis the owner, she does sound like one of those pathetic people that have animals but their idea of care is a bowl of food left out.

She hasn't replied yet. Watch this space.
Last edited by MarkB on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

Mark do you know her full name...there are so many things you can find on Facebook..sneeky and such,

I was thinking along the line of photographs of her cats on her page ..

Would she use the same vets as your's?

She may see these posts too on here so take care....
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

No surname - you get an anonymous message linked to your posting.

I scanned him very thoroughly I have an old broken reader from my CP days. The display is broken, but it does bleep if there if a chip. Domino was helpfully sitting next to me when I scanned the other other cat and I found his chip several times, easily.

I f she does own him, I doubt she uses a vet. Who doesn't neuter these days? - as we know, there is no excuse not to, with discount vouchers and even free neutering available.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Latest possible stray (now resident)

Post by MarkB »

It seems that unless an owner comes forward, out little marble tabby is staying :)

No name yet but we are close :)

http://i.imgur.com/68iddd7.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Yeahh!

Cool - congrats :D

He'll keep Ingrid out of mischief - you know what they say - two kittens are far less trouble than one! :D

And you couldn't deprive Dom of his avuncular (word for today) role...
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Mark, OH has just said even IF that person is the owner, the cat has chosen YOU, end of story. I think he is right. BTW that is one cute cat. :D
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

fate and the secret world of cat communication has obviously marked you down as a 4 cat family Mark

resign yourselves to loads of fusses and purrs for the forseeable future, and start drawing up a list of possible names for future 'finds'
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Awwww, I'm chuffed to bits for you - he's gorgeous! He's definitely chosen you, obviously a very intelligent cat! :D
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

He is intelligent :) - We have a large shrub - no idea what it is called (I hope it is cat safe as you can see, he chews things) He climbs up into it and pulls out dead leaves and twigs to play with. There are plenty on the ground, but he likes to choose :)

Funny, but he often goes over the back into the overgrown/unused garden. I don;t usually worry, but Kylie chased him a couple of hours ago. He flew over the fence and disappeared. Now I am being the worried parent.

I bought him in a couple of times last night. Once during the evening - Ingrid was downstairs. I thought she would start hissing, but she just kept following him around and sniffing him. He was trying to get away. After a few minutes he came straight over and snuggled up on the sofa with me. That lasted all of 10 minutes and then he wanted to go out to play.

I took him up to bed, but Ingrid was following him around again -eventually he took off downstairs, so I let him out.

http://i.imgur.com/ToWIVqW.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i.imgur.com/aVxVC1Z.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

The amazing stretchicat! :lol:

He really does have lovely markings. It's lovely that he seems to be fitting in so well with your resident mogs, all paws crossed that it continues that way. xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

MarkB wrote: We have a large shrub - no idea what it is called (I hope it is cat safe as you can see, he chews things) He climbs up into it and pulls out dead leaves and twigs to play with. There are plenty on the ground, but he likes to choose :)
It might be Fatsia Japonica? Sending you a link - hopefully

http://www.ehow.com/video_12004199_care ... onica.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

That looks like it - thanks :)

Ours is about 12ft high.

Anyway, he was gone all day until about 6pm. I would be surprised if he spent all that time in one garden, so quite worrying. He was ravenous though, so I doubt he had been to another house. i will try the paper collar again though. As much as we love him, if he belongs to someone else and is missed...

Googled and yes, it does have these white flowers late in the year I think :) http://static.flickr.com/4036/5148762850_66320efdf5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And another search :D http://www.ehow.com/info_12314017_fatsi ... -cats.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

Lets hope no one replies to your collar Mark!

You clearly love the little guy!
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

He stayed in the house for the first time last night. I was a bit worried about him using a tray, but I saw him use one this morning :D . He stayed in the bedroom all night (after chasing round the house with Ingrid at 2am :) ) He knows how to use the flap.

Two weeks of officially advertising him are up on Friday (it took CP a week to get him on their Facebook page and website) so I will book him in for neutering next week,

It looks like we are back up to 4!

I can't believe we have taken in 3 since October :)
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

How lovely, Mark. Kisses to all your beautiful babies. Special kiss for Kylie - she has a lot to put up with!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Good grief, you are back up to four now aren't you! It's a nice round number. ;)