Robert Smith

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Robert Smith

Post by Cussypat1974 »

A new feral boy here, with FIV. He has been in a crate in my bathroom since last Saturday, and is as feral as they come. Neutered before he arrived, and has young teeth (see them when he haws at me!) but has the big thick tomcat neck I love so much! He came from a local charity dealing with a terrible colony...... Terrible as in they are in a bad way. They are still catching cats there, and the charity PTS FIV+ ferals, so here was his only chance.
He seems absolutely fine with the other cats visiting him, and is happy to even share his food. I think he will fit in well with my gang. He hates me most of the time, and attacks me for changing his litter tray lol. But if I have food he is more co-operative. Tis guy will never be tamed though, too wild and old for that. Today I let him attack my hand in a gauntlet, end when he got no reaction, he started just pawing it lol. He isn't a violent bully, just a very scared cat......
Calling him Smithy..... Because when we collected him from the vets the Cure was on the radio, and he has a white face and a black head, and is a bit scary looking!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Robert Smith

Post by Crewella »

Awwwww ...... he sounds like my kind of cat too. In spite of his fear, I bet he turns into a 'Love Cat' in the end!! :D

He's a lucky boy that you could take him in.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Tommy was no Spring chicken when he turned up on our doorstep and would hiss and growl at me if I approached him. Now look at him.

There's hope yet for your old fella. :)
Attachments
rsz_029.jpg
Darling Wussy Puss.
(246.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Sounds like one that would 'find' me too, give me a lost soul any day.

Well done on saving him !
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Well, he won't come out of his flipping crate now lol! But he rarely haws at me anymore (unless I reach over him for a towel or something terrifying like that) and we have been playing together with a feather from Carlos, the evil rooster, that I found in the garden. He likes playing feathers! He also touches me gently with his paws now, although I haven't yet tried to stroke him.....
You might be right folks..... He may well turn into a love-cat eventually! He certainly seems to enjoy the life of an indoor, well fed cat now he has tasted it..... And of course his testosterone levels will have dropped by now, which helps!