can't cope with missing cat

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
sammy85
New Cat Chatter

can't cope with missing cat

Post by sammy85 »

My little Rosie has went missing, it has been a week now and I have seen or heard nothing. We have done everything, web also done door to door with 2000 leaflets to make people aware.
If phoned vets, environmental heath etc, there is no record of her being dead or any sightings,
I am struggling now. I can't sleep at night incase she comes home, I walk the streets constantly, today I even phoned in sick to work because I'd rather be looking for her, I have done nothing but cry. I'm trying to stay positive but I am so scared she's hurt or worse. She's only 3, I got her and her sister pepper at 3 day's old as their mum died, so I took them on. Pepper has cried for days, sits on the wall meowing for hours, I don't know what to do, people keep telling me it's only a cat but she's not, she's my baby.

Thanks for listening I just had to get that out
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: can't cope with missing cat

Post by Mrs Kane »

I'm sorry to hear that Sammy. :(

Cats sometimes take a little time to come back home if they get lost. I'm sure she's trying to make her way back to you.
I would keep trying to phone around local shelters to see if she's been brought in. At hte moment all you can do is wait I'm afraid.

If you give us a picture of her and your PO number more people will see it and we'll be able to circulate Rosie's disappearance. It's even possible that you live close to someone on this forum that could put up her picture on FB or other sites.

One man isn't an army after all :)

I do hope she comes home safe to you soon.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry - it's dreadful when one goes missing, I've been through it myself. I'm sure you are doing everything you can, but I'll post the link to the lost cat advice page just in case there's anything you might have missed:

http://www.catchat.org/lost.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't lose heart, cats do turn up after several weeks - she might be locked ina shed or garage somewhere (that's happened to one of mine). I really hope Rosie comes home soon. (((hugs)))
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Sammy, I'm sorry to hear about Rosie. I've been through that myself, it's horrible isn't it?

As Helen said, she may be locked-in somewhere. Are any of you neighbours on holiday? One of my sister's cats got locked in a neighbour's garage when they went on holiday. She had almost given up hope when he came strolling back in dirty and thin but otherwise fine.

I hope Rosie comes home soon.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Good luck and paws crossed!

Have you posted in 'Lost cats' as others have said? Once there's a pic and details of the area, someone might just come forward.

Really feel for you - you must be out of your mind with anxiety; really hope you find her well and safe asap x
bengalsmeow
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by bengalsmeow »

Where about are you?
popmot
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by popmot »

I am so sorry to hear that your lovely Rosie has gone walk-about. I realise that a lot of cat owners (or should I say staff) have similar stories. I too went through emotional hell and mine only disappeared for 36 hours. It seemed worse because I had helped a friend out by taking my cat, Poppy, on (to save her going to a cat sanctuary). She was only with me 3 weeks before her disappearing act. How was I to tell her previous owner that her/my cat had left home? My partner and I scoured the neighbourhood hoping to find her but to no avail. We put food down for her and left our bedroom door open so that we would, hopefully, hear the cat flap when/if she returned. 36 hours later, at approximately 2am she bounced on the bed, stood on me and demanded attention which, of course, she got.

I will keep everything crossed that you and Rosie find each other very soon.