new FIV boy.... (another new one!)

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

new FIV boy.... (another new one!)

Post by Cussypat1974 »

He came this morning. As I was on here yesterday, I got a text about him. He was already at the vets and had tested positive, and was to be PTS if he had nowhere to go..... The rest is history!

The woman who contacted the charity called me. He is a huge lump of a bully boy who had been terrorising her 5 rescued cats, to the point where one little female who is very nervous, woildn't go outside and was shaking in her boots. He had attacked some of hers, although they are all neutered, and they needed vet attention. She understandably didn't want him back...... I explained that MOST calm down after neutering, but she was understandably worried about her own rescues. So I said I'd give him a shot here, and see if my gang coild knock the corners off him!

He is ENORMOUS...... Smithy sized, but fat with it (Smithy is quite thin and weight aboit 4kg) He barely fit into the cat carrier lol. He is a lovely smokey grey tabby, with a bloody, scarred nose, but he is human friendly. When I brought him inside and put the carrier down, Indie, my ex-bully who has mellowed with age, promptly sat atop the carrier as if to say "cop on now sunshine. You have it good here!".

I haven't named him yet..... But Smokey is in my head..... He is a stunner.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: new FIV boy.... (another new one!)

Post by nannymcfee »

Well done again for taking him in ( i just copy and paste the phrase now as it crops up so often :lol: )

Welcome Smokey Robinson, :D well it is a miracle they contacted you before the pts!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Yep, another lucky boy who found his way to your door! :)
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

He is now named Mumia Abu Jamal, after the most famous living death row prisoner! Cos he was on death row and is VERY vocal!

Heis still in the cage most of the time and seems like a big soft lump. But I am not fooled! His tomcat smell is dissipation and I will let him mix with the others this week. If he attacks we will be neck to square one, but I honestly doubt he will.

He LOVES his food...... 2 tins a day plus dry always available!!!!! Not sure I can afford to feed this fella lol! I bet he could hunt the cows, never mind the rabbits here.....but will be a big last lump and never hunt!