At last - we have stocks of Lidl premium food in Jelly

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

At last - we have stocks of Lidl premium food in Jelly

Post by MarkB »

It is so hard to get hold of!

A friend took me out for a birthday lunch in Broadstairs and I asked if we could come back via Lidl :)

They had 11 boxes in jelly left and about 100 boxes in gravy. I only took 9 of the jelly boxes as someone else wanted some, but said his cat ate the gravy one too :)

Anyw, it was worth it as Kylie is eating more than she has for ages :)
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: At last - we have stocks of Lidl premium food in Jelly

Post by Mrs Kane »

I don't suppose Lidl delivers still huh? :(

Have you considered asking the manager to set you up with a standing order? I'm only speaking on experience because I worked there as a teen, but they used to be so good to their regular customers at my branch.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

The biggest problem is the food is delivered to them in mixed cases, 1/2 jelly and 1/2 gravy. Most people want the jelly one and they end up with a glut of gravy ones. In one store I was told that they had more out the back but had been told they couldn't put a new pallet out until the previous one had sold. Bothstores told me that people are always complaining about the shortage of jelly boxes.

I posted on Lidl Facebook pages about it ages ago but they didn't respond.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

Ah that's a shame :( Hopefully someone will work it out soon and start sending the Jelly one seperately.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

I had noticed that too Mark, lots of the gravy ones were always left, but i have not seen the premium one in our local store for a while now.

You would think the supplies would twig on that the jelly one is most popular.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

It's funny that these companies spend vast amounts of money on ways to increase sales etc, but sometimes miss the basics. Ideally they would have it delivered on separate pallets, but even if they did 70/30 they would probably sell a lot more. Maybe some cats aren't as fussy, but apart from the fact that it contains cereals, (it never used to) my lot aren't keen on the gravy version.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

None in the Grantham store the other day - just gravy. Shelly got me some from Lowestoft a while back and posted them! Edgar loves them abut they are a rare treat.

Lidl customer service is variable. I complained vociferously about plants being neglected in the Clapham store but had no repsonse to my email. They must have dismissed me as a mad woman. I wonder why?
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Sue Goddard »

I'm always surprised that stores don't twig that they are left with items....so don't order so much of that one and more of what sells...I'd have thought it was common sense..
Mind you M & S sales are full of size 8 & 10's....why don't they understand stock control? Order more large sizes as they sell out first...and less of smaller sizes that obviously don't sell...(55% of women are size 14 & over..they're missing out a huge pool of sales )
Obviously the gravy cat food doesn't sell....so order more jelly...Doh it's not rocket science..

S
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Sue Goddard wrote:Doh it's not rocket science..
Yet it is still beyond some people!

A while back I was looking for a particular paint. One shop I went into said 'no, there's no call for that paint so we don't stock it. Funny but you are the 3rd person this week to ask for it.' :shock: :roll: As you say, dur.

Mark - called into Lidl today - unusually, not ONE premium in jelly. Now I know where they are. :lol:
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I hate it when shops are out of stock of something and patronising explain that it i because 'it is very popular' or "it always sells out quickly when it is on offer" - As i was told in Tesco when the shelves of AGAIL were empty.

I always say, that in that case, why don't they order more of it then!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

MarkB wrote:I always say, that in that case, why don't they order more of it then!
Ah but they have to make sure the shelves are full of 1,001 cook-in sauces, chocolate covered cereal and chilli-flavoured EVERYTHING. They are not concerned with CAT food! :roll: