How amazing...!!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

How amazing...!!

Post by Sue Goddard »

Something amazing....just to prove that cats are the same how ever ancient. (ever put down concrete and looked at it the next morning?)

http://pussingtonpost.com/2000-year-old ... roof-tile/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: How amazing...!!

Post by bobbys girl »

:lol: When OH was building my greenhouse, he put in a concrete base. It was a damp day so he covered the concrete with plastic. Next morning - yes you guessed it - kitty prints all over the floor. The plastic cover was just too much for Purdy and she had to investigate. :roll:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

:lol: That's cats for you - always brilliant at putting their foot in it!

On a more serious note, wet cement/concrete is caustic; given the toughness of cat pads and the probability that they clean themselves when trotting from the concrete on to grass or earth or tarmac long before the cat thinks to lick them, hopefully they don't take much harm, paws crossed. I've never heard of a cat who suffered from treading in cement. But I once knew a guy who spent an afternoon concreting his yard; he wasn't a tidy worker and got his jeans plastered with wet cement stains. The jeans came to no harm but he had painful burns up his legs :shock:
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

We've got kitty prints in the step from the conservatory door! It's verrrryyyy sweet!!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I remember low for a while a few years ago when I noticed paw prints in my neighbour's newly-laid driveway. :oops:

Reminded me of this (I did post this on the old Cat Chat forum).

https://medievalfragments.wordpress.com ... nuscripts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;