Anyone tried PAH catnip bubbles?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Anyone tried PAH catnip bubbles?

Post by Crewella »

I got some toys out for the kittens (which I keep in a plastic bag with some catnip in the hope that they'll smell all nice and catnippy) and was spotted by Daz, who pounced and made off with one of the mousies!! That reminded me that my lot hadn't had catnip for a while, so when I was in Pets at Home stocking up on kitten food and spotted their catnip bubbles I thought I'd give them all a treat.

Fat chance ....... I've huffed, puffed, blown, breathed, waved, wafted and flapped, but all I get is the odd half-bubble that then pops before it leaves the ring. Is it me, or is this stuff just useless and too weak? I just wondered if anyone else had tried it?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Anyone tried PAH catnip bubbles?

Post by Lilith »

:o

You keep the kittens in a plastic bag with some catnip? :shock:

Only kidding! :lol:

Bless them!

Not tried the PaH bubbles but Moll shows mild interest in ordinary bubbles.

Hey can we have an update and pics of the gorgeous Greebo? :D
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Ooooops - you're right .... dreadful grammar, sorry! :oops:

..... though I'm tempted ....... anything that keeps them from getting underfoot ....... :twisted:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

LOL they are HELLISH!

I knew a breeder who said that with every litter, if someone came along and offered to take them off her hands, she would have said, yes. PLEEEASE!

Then when she sold them, she grieved so much that she put the cheque away in a drawer and couldn't bear to look at it! That bit of paper for that kitten? Even though the new owners were ecstatic!

You love 'em and you hate 'em! But definitely mainly love 'em! Little horrors! They are a purgatory and a privilege! :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Crewella wrote:I've huffed, puffed, blown, breathed, waved, wafted and flapped,
I'd LOVE to have seen that! :lol: :lol:

Mild interest in ordinary bubbles - that's it! Catnip or my poor catmint plant, well that's another story....
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

bobbys girl wrote: I'd LOVE to have seen that! :lol: :lol:
I was praying that nobody could!! :D

I've looked at the bubbles on their website - five reviews since January, all saying it's useless and doesn't work, so I'm now very cross about it and they're going back tomorrow. Because it's a cheap purchase, and probably some people think they just haven't got 'the knack', I bet most people don't bother to say anything.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

I won't be trying those then. I assume it is because they don't use detergent to make them safe, there is something else in it, that obviously doesn't work.

I don't know if you order from Zooplus Helen, but at the moment they are giving away a 'free jumbo pack of kitten balls & toys' with purchases over £49. I spent just over £40 and was tempted to up it to get the free pack, but decided against it. I already ordered 2 more squeaky mice anyway (must be a glutton for punishment! :) )
Last edited by MarkB on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

I had a bottle of those bubbles hanging about for ages and got them out every so often - not a jot of interest from anyone really; so down the drain they went and bottle into recycling
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

The foam balls and catnip sardines go down well with the youngsters here :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

bobbys girl wrote:[Mild interest in ordinary bubbles - that's it! Catnip or my poor catmint plant, well that's another story....
What is it with my cats? I've lived here 16 years and nearby is a large park where the gardens are pretty neglected (apart from the revolting fluorescent 'bedding schemes') but stuff like catnip is rampant. So every time I go to the park I nick a bit - and do my cats respond?

??? What's that weedy stuff??? Doesn't it DO anything? Couldn't you have brought us back some fish and chips?

Cats eh? Spoilt! :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Lilith wrote:??? What's that weedy stuff??? Doesn't it DO anything?
Mine go Doo-lally (?) for it! Purdy EATS it.

Don't know if I've mentioned this - one day when my sister returned from work her cat, Lysander, was sitting at the top of her drive. She thought, 'that's nice he's come to greet me'. She bent down to fuss him and he looked up with a big Cheshire Cat grin on his face and fell over backwards! :shock: She thought he was dead - yeh, dead stoned! He had found the hidden stash of catnip and gone to town on it. :lol: :lol:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

bobbys girl wrote:
Lilith wrote:??? What's that weedy stuff??? Doesn't it DO anything?
Mine go Doo-lally (?) for it! Purdy EATS it.

Don't know if I've mentioned this - one day when my sister returned from work her cat, Lysander, was sitting at the top of her drive. She thought, 'that's nice he's come to greet me'. She bent down to fuss him and he looked up with a big Cheshire Cat grin on his face and fell over backwards! :shock: She thought he was dead - yeh, dead stoned! He had found the hidden stash of catnip and gone to town on it. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by mr_frisky »

My cats (and my neighbours' cats) love catnip, but only the actual plant. It's quite easy to grow and is a hardy perennial. I have it all around the garden, along with valerian (the root of which they love too).
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Valerian? That's a sedative - mmmm! ;)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Ooooh now THERE'S an idea ....... though I'm guessing the kittens are too young for valerian ....... :P

Apparently there will be a space for the kittens at the rescue next week. There is a part of me that will be sad to see them go ..... but I confess most of me is just plain relieved! It was an emergency measure and we really weren't properly prepared for it!
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

Ours had PAH catnip bubbles when they were kittens and loved them!

I grow catnip. The girls eat it, and the boys do the drooly roly over it thing! Henry in particular is a nip monster! :twisted:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Valerian? Owww I've tried that for insomnia and only got a headache!

Lol Crewella, never mind valerian, you get so you'd like to treat them to VALIUM (Only kidding!)

My first litter of Siamese, I think I've joked about low flying Siamese but it was true, you couldn't sit down without a furry little projectile landing in your meal, on your book or any part of your anatomy.

The classiest (show-quality) kitten 'Best Boy' aka Joey, aka The Outlaw Josey Wails (because he did!) once launched himself at my head, clung on with claws - and left me with a sort of crude arrow shaped scar on one ear. This was 1985 and I had one of those half-shaven punky hairdos (as one did in those days lol) so there was no chance of covering the Josey autograph up.

Standing in the bus queue shortly afterwards, dressed in my purple tights, a mini-kilt I'd made out of blackout material from Oxfam, far-out makeup and of course the Josey autograph, I realised a woman was looking very po-faced at me - 'Eee what will them punks think of next!' :lol:

Aww. you'll miss them! Like a sick headache, but you'll miss them!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Lilith wrote:Lol Crewella, never mind valerian, you get so you'd like to treat them to VALIUM (Only kidding!)
No, you have it wrong Lilith. It's Helen that needs the Valium! :lol: :lol:

BTW I really laughed at your post. I never did the punk thing but I do remember a 'phase' of baggy trousers (Oxford Bags). I well remember one friend, caught in a sudden gust of wind, almost taking off and being, literally, blown over because of the wretched things. And don't get me started on platforms! :roll: :lol: :lol:
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by mr_frisky »

Lol. If you do a search for 'valerian cats' you get many hits. It has a similar effect to catnip, and smells like carrot a bit.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

Hey now that's an interesting idea! (From inside my head late at night)

Has anyone had any luck with having fun with cats and bubble blowers? Just the normal ones, no catnip involved.

I'm constantly trying to think up ways to exercise our cat. She gets bored so easily. Maybe she might like this...
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by mr_frisky »

Mine are scared of bubbles! They love laser pens, though. You can get laser machines that do it themselves in random patterns so you don't have to stand there.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Have you tried Cat's Meow? It's like a mouse tail under a sheet - they never know which way it will go. Even fatty Grace has a go at that!