Our user names - and why?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Our user names - and why?

Post by Lilith »

I'm always fascinated by the choice of user names on forums. Some are exotic, some are whimsical and witty, and some are obvious, such as the straightforward choice of the cat's/owner's name, like mine. But however we come by them, they're OURS. :)

I wasn't always Lilith, I have to confess. My mother called me something so embarrassing I refuse to admit to it. I was even christened - oh the shame of it, as a good Pagan! I only hope I gummed the vicar!

At age 12 I discovered my name although until I got into Paganism I never realised it WAS a Pagan name. I fear I haven't always lived up to it, but I compromise by calling myself plain Lil most of the time.

So - over to you guys. Where did your user name come from? :D
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Our user names - and why?

Post by MarkB »

My username on here is obvious, but I came across an old photo account that I have never used. I can't even think of the name of the site at the moment, but bearing in mind I set it up about 7 years ago, it is Fourcats - which was the number we have now, as well as then, Sadly only one of the original Fourcats is still with us.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

My proper name is Ria (well it's short for Maria) and my second name begins with a D... so I just used me (as in you and me) Ria D - meriad :)
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

I don't post up here very much. Although, I been a member a long time. I wore my friends to a frazel??? I guess. I been told I am too much work.
Anyway....my name is in honor of one of my cats. Peanut Butter. He IS my my friend. I don't think I have the right to "own" him.
I have eight. But you always have one that bonds with you the most. That is, when you have multiples. I have always lived in a clowder. I like it better than being with another person. Cats love you unconditionally.
Jill
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

my grandchildren have always called me *nanny pamy* so I just tend to use it for everything. lol :roll:
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

id love to have a picture by my name but I don't know how to do it :o
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

A long time since I put a profile photo up, but I think you need to go into your profile and go into 'user control panel' on top right of page.

My profile photo is Alice, who we lost to CRD (and other health issues) in December 2013. I have no intention of changing it, nor the photo of Laz on my Facebook page.

PS - I found out where I used the fourcats name (actually, it is fourcats2008 :) - it is Flickr, although I checked and there were no photos uploaded.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

My user name really shows my age!

At the time when the original song (by Susan Maughan(?)) was in the charts, we lived in a terraced house, opposite a corner shop. The folks who ran the shop had a collie dog who I adored. His name was Spot (very original). My dad thought it funny to change the words and sang 'I want to be Spotty's girl'. :roll: It became my theme song.

Roll forward too many years - Bob got his name because of the way he moves and I (his mummy) got to be Bobby's Girl, what else!
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

Mine comes from the fact I am Welsh living in sunny West Wales with my gang of furbabes!

The old forum was the first forum I ever posted on and was a bit worried about posting my real name......I remember getting a reply to my first question very quickly. It was a bit spooky really at the time!

When we came over to the new forum I considered changing it so something softer but thought no one would know who I was!
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

I had been very ill at the time i joined, and had to have a tooth extraction too, and laid out on settee watching Nanny Mcphee, it was like looking in a mirror!!!, i am witchy too and used to being called Wicked Witch of the west :0)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hey these are great - keep them coming!

Bobbys girl - I remember that Susan Maugham single coming out - every time I see your name that tune goes through my head... :twisted: :lol:

As to Bob - have you by any chance read 'Uncle Whiskers' by Philip Brown? I believe this was published in the 1950s and is a bit 'stiff upper lip' - the cat concerned was badly injured in a road accident and lost one foreleg and the other one was so deformed that he couldn't use it. Although his owner expected him to 'stand on his own two feet' he did at least give him a chance at life and provided Whiskers with plenty of care and space - and Whiskers adapted - to the point of developing his hind legs so that he went hopping around like a kangaroo and even hunting rabbits.

Tissues required of course! (I'm a snarling cynic until I read anything like this and then I dissolve lol!)
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

I only wish mine was a little more original as everyone else's !!! :lol: ...

love ...Julie & Barney !
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Lilith wrote:(I'm a snarling cynic until I read anything like this and then I dissolve lol!)
That sounds SO familiar! :lol:

I know I shouldn't say it, but hand me a human baby and within minutes one (or both) of us is in tears! :? (It doesn't help holding them upside down - only kidding) With puppies and kittens I turn to mush, 'ooh coochi coochi coo, who's a lickul sweetie pie den?' :roll:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol Bobbys girl, if anyone tried to hand me a human baby I'd back away fast! I do quite like kids as long as they're reasonably civilised but the last time I held a baby it stared greedily at my errm bosom and I was relieved to give it back to its rightful mother (who must have enjoyed having babies as she went on to have nine more :shock: )

However when I acquired a kitten who had designs on my errr female anatomy, I thought, aww, cute! The only thing that put me off was teeth! And those little kneading claws! Yeeowwch! :lol:
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Mine derives from having misunderstood the instructions for creating a user name. I thought that we had to have upper case, lower case, a number and a symbol or two! Once I'd realised I'd obviously got that completely wrong as everyone else had perfectly symbol and number free user names it felt too late to change it! So it's Sarah (first name) T (initial of surname) 1 (because I thought we had to use a number!), [PLLE] (because I thought we needed a symbol, so I went for brackets including the initials of my furbabes - Pepsi, Lou Lou and Edgar!

If I'd had my wits about about me it would have just been SarahandPepsi two years ago!
MysticalVamp
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MysticalVamp »

Before I joined I had a choice of three usernames that I wanted to use, and one won because I felt it was best lol.

First one I thought of was "MissCosmo". I used to have the username MissCosmo12345 on another website though and the amount of times it got misunderstood was annoying... Everyone thought I meant Cosmo as in the magazine, but I actually meant Cosmo as in the childrens cat books!! No-one seemed to have heard of them which was saddening... I loved those books and, I'm only a little embarrassed to admit, still do lol.

Second one was "AcidicAngel"- This is my general use for just about everything these days... But it can sound quite scary I've been told O.o

Third one was "MysticalVamp"- Which obviously is the one I went with. I liked the sound of it years ago, I'm a bit of a vamp freak really. The Mystical bit came from the fact that even though so many people claimed to know me, only a select few really did...
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Sarah - ah, now it all makes sense. :D

I'm enjoying this thread. I once joined a geneolgy site - 5 attempts at a password - ALL in use! So I came up with flippineck - it worked! :lol: :lol:
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

Going by the replies, there would not only have been myself burned at the stake in ye olden times, i use pendel in most of my other user names, as in Pendle Witch :0) and my first name.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

bobbys girl wrote:Sarah - ah, now it all makes sense. :D

I'm enjoying this thread. I once joined a geneolgy site - 5 attempts at a password - ALL in use! So I came up with flippineck - it worked! :lol: :lol:
hahhha fippineck ! that made me chuckle,

sounds like when we got new car other month , and it has voice control for radio etc, daughter was trying to tune radio Leeds in, and all the foreign computer thought she was saying was radio Delete ! :D she tried about 10 times and in the end just swore, so thats what radio Leeds is now to tune in Radio **%$$$$*** :lol:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol Bobbys girl and Nannymcfee! :lol:

Someone I know once said that if he joined a naturist forum he'd call himself 'Nicholas' - mind you, that would be sure to have been taken. I suppose he could always have been 'Rupert the Bare'...
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

nannymcfee wrote:so thats what radio Leeds is now to tune in Radio **%$$$$*** :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's a good job the technology around me isn't voice controlled.... the mind boggles! :shock: :?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

bobbys girl wrote:
nannymcfee wrote:so thats what radio Leeds is now to tune in Radio **%$$$$*** :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's a good job the technology around me isn't voice controlled.... the mind boggles! :shock: :?
:lol: Same here! :shock:
Jane

Post by Jane »

nanny pamy wrote:id love to have a picture by my name but I don't know how to do it :o
Hi nanny pamy, to add a picture you need to click on 'User Control Panel' top right of the board. Then under 'Options' at the left click on 'Edit avatar' then choose a file to upload your image.

Hope that helps :)
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Well, I'm Grace born in 1956. I used that as it was first thing I thought of. Not very original really. And I didn't have Dave then. My last baby, Oscar had died in 2012 and so I was un adopted at the time or I would have been Dave's Slave or something. :lol:
Thierry 1
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Thierry 1 »

I also, like SarahT1, misunderstood the instructions for creating a user name. So I used Thierry as this is the name my cat, 'Tush Tush' was registered as, at my vet. When I first took him there as a stray, I thought Tush Tush would get lost in translation somehow. (I live in France....) so I said his name was Thierry (after Thierry Henry!!!!) Also, I was always known as Donna at the vets, despite me explaining several times that my name was Dawn!! Sadly, I had to have Tush Tush PTS nearly two weeks ago so my trips to the vet for now, are no more.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

This is a fun thread! Thankyou Lilith! :D

Okay, well my name is actually Danielle. But please call me Danni otherwise I'll feel I'm being told off. :P

Mrs Kane comes from an Online game I used to play years ago. I used to play it with my then boyfriend who was called "Mr Kane" and he convinced me to change my overall account name to "Mrs Kane" so we could show off that we were a couple, gaming. Subsequently we broke up but I'd already made so many friends on the game (a lot of whom I still chat to and visit even now!) That I didn't want to change the name and come up with a new one as it held a lot of good memories and fun. So here we are!

My real last name is Robinson. So coo coo a-choo to the lot of you ;) Though I have never met or seduced Dustin Hoffman.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Mrs Kane wrote:Okay, well my name is actually Danielle. But please call me Danni otherwise I'll feel I'm being told of
I'm the same with 'Susan!' :lol:
Mrs Kane wrote:My real last name is Robinson. So coo coo a-choo to the lot of you ;) Though I have never met or seduced Dustin Hoffman.
:lol: I'm on another forum (a gardening one) and I have been posting about the Japanese-style garden we are building. As both OH and I are getting too old for some of the mauling work involved, we have had help from a young friend of ours. When I made the mistake of mentioning this strong, young man, one of the guys on the site called me Mrs Robinson. :roll: and the name has stuck - he still calls me Mrs R!
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

he still calls me Mrs R!
:lol: I love it!
I'm the same with 'Susan!'
I'm guessing you prefer to be called "Suze" ;) With Danielle I get taken back to childhood in a sense of "OMG what have I done and how can I get out of the blame?"
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Sue Goddard »

I hate being called Susan too...I only got called that when being told off...!! I'm sure you all have that scenario in your childhood
Anyway have wrestled for an hour trying to get a picture with my name......I hope it has worked. (took me ages to resize the picture even when I have Photoshop etc...I can never remember the sequence of things I have to do to get it to resize..
and Catchat always comes up with file too large.!! )

I'm another one who didn't have enough imagination when I registered on the forum..now stuck with my real name...
Anyway, picture, I hope it comes out OK It's of our new arrivals, 6 month with us now Thomas and Mouse both darling Blue Point Siamese..the naughtiest and adorable rogues you could wish to meet.
Can't keep anything out or they will raid it.....Caught Mouse this morning, on the the kitchen worktop chewing through a bag of dishwasher salt..I don't think he will have eaten any ....if he has he'll be as thirsty as a fish this afternoon..

Oh better go I can here them bundling in the dining room...someones squeaking..!!

Ah the joys of Siamese...
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Sue Goddard »

Yeh...it worked..Thomas and Mouse imortalised ....