Identifying cat poo?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
kev1949
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Identifying cat poo?

Post by kev1949 »

Having a constant problem with neighbor across the road cos cats pooing in his front garden As I have four cats, assumes it my cats. Claims to have seen them in his garden and knows the type/texture of poo left behind ( how sad ). However, one of my next door neighbors is feeding two strays that I have seen outside his house, but not in his garden. Trouble is, mostly at night so can't see if they do go into his garden? As my cats spend a lot of time indoors, could well be those that poo in his garden? So does anyone know if its possible to get cat poo DNA tested to identify if came from my cats? Then I could confront him with the evidence and put a stop to his accusations :(
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Identifying cat poo?

Post by meriad »

could you not confine yours inside at night and see if he says anything again - then you could turn around and say well it can't have been yours as they've been locked inside all this time?
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Baggypants »

If the poo is on the lawn and is uncovered it's probably fox poo.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Agree.

Although there are some cats, like my Harry, who poo on the lawn. But saying that; Harry does usually try and cover it up
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Marla »

I was shocked to see Flo go on the front lawn and not cover it up! :roll:
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Snap Kev, my neighbour keeps finding it on her lawn too,in same spot its a cat doing it as i know the difference between cat/fox/hedgehog poo,

She was away for a couple of days, and the offending mound was there again so i sneaked round and moved incrimidating evidence before she came back incase my mogs were blamed.

I have yet to see which offender it is, i don't think its Phoebe, and def not Spike, only way would be CCTV, with night time vision.

Why do cats always go to neighbours gardens who dislike them!.
kev1949
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by kev1949 »

He didn't say they were coming in his garden at night only. My cats do roam in the road, so he was insinuating its my cats that poo in his garden, claiming seen them there? Not on the lawn, in the flower beds. And an old lady next door to him was complaining to him of cat poo in her garden also. But she hasn't said anything to me about it. If only I could get a night vision camera. Far to expensive for my pension. Perhaps because he living there by himself, unfit for work, nothing better to do??
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

I get up around midnight to let three of my eights cats out to roam. They want to. And the neighbors, if they aren't up, they can't see them and cause trouble. Out of site out of mind.... :P ;)