My Dave....One Year On.

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

My Dave....One Year On.

Post by Grace56 »

Not been on here for some time, folks. I've had a crisis to deal with and it triggered my BiPolar but all is well now. :)
So I thought I would bring you all (those who remember the Dave Saga) up to date on his progress.

It's now just over a year since Dave and I made that journey from Ipswich to Norwich on the train. And we've never looked back. I have never regretted my decision to adopt him and save him from a horrible existence in my niece's back garden. She has since moved back to Lowestoft so God knows what would have happened to my boy. She could not take him in as he bullied her cats and he is a 'one cat in the house only' cat.

He is loving, affectionate, and my best friend. He eats well, (he can be greedy at times) and loves to lie about in the sun patiently watching a rat hole. Yes....he's a good hunter as well. :) Today, as it is raining, he is not a happy boy. He keeps wanting me to open the door every few minutes in the hope that the rain has stopped. Lol.

He follows me up the street when I go to take photos of the sunset from the hill,and waits patiently for me coming back. Greets me when I come home from anywhere and he never leaves my side for hours after.

I'd post a photo but I keep getting the message that it's to big. I'll try later. ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.44 KiB) Viewed 1845 times
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: My Dave....One Year On.

Post by nannymcfee »

Dave you look a chubby chops and look so content sat there waiting for your mum to take the photo.

Your journey together has been so lovely to read over the last year, it was meant to be.
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Gosh!! Where as a year gone??

He is certainly looking happy and well!!

I am soooo pleased its worked out for you both :D :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I wondered how you were going on. Sorry to hear of your problems, but I hope you are OK now.

Dave reminds me of our Gracie, similar colour same eating patterns! :lol:

Keep in touch, it's lovely hearing from you.

Sue x
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

Lol. He has just eaten a rat, Bobbys Girl. I've posted about that on the 'Behaviour' forum. But yes, he does love his grub especially the more expensive ones. He won't touch The Co-Ops own any more.

Anyway, he's the best therapy I could have and he is so well loved. I wouldn't be without my Dave. :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Grace is getting really crafty. The others will only sit by a bowl if they are hungry. We put some food out (only a little 'cos we know what's coming) They eat what they want - or not as the case be! :roll: and as soon as they jump down Grace slithers around the corner and empties the bowl!

I've seen her stand peeping around the door post, waiting. You can't tell me she doesn't know it's wrong and that she is being a sneaky pig. She knows that I'll swoop and take the food off her. One of these days she'll explode.

But she has gone from being a sour puss to a Daddy's Girl who loves her cuddles. Well she is certainly 'cuddly' (FAT)

I read about the rat! :shock: I'd only really worry about rat poison if you lived near hotels/restaurants - they will put down poisons if the suspect rats. But if it is anything like around here, once a cat moves in the rats move out as there are easier places to live. I haven't seen a rat for years.

Fusses to the adorable Dave.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I remember the story well. It's lovely to have an update, and to hear that it has all turned out so positively for you both! Sometimes things are just 'meant to be'. xx