Fish!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Fish!

Post by Joanne_ »

Anyone else's cats dislike fish and fish flavoured cat food? My two have always been this way and will very rarely eat any. Recently Ted won an applaws comp and the sent him loads of yummy food but unfortunately a lot of it was fish based and typically he refused along with his brother! I did however donate it so it was not a waste:p
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Fish!

Post by bobbys girl »

It all depends.... If it comes out of a foil pocket or tin of cat food then, no. If it's on mummy's plate, or worse still in the pond ( :shock: ) then, yes!

Tom won't touch fresh salmon or tuna, but loves tinned tuna and smoked salmon (he pinched some off a plate last week - little git)
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

None of mine have ever eaten the fish varieties, in over 40 years , (but they would all eat pilchards in tomato sauce if ever given half the chance ) they turn their noses up straight away at cat fish varieties, but daughters 2 eat it all the time ( i think its because she is vegetarian and they are not offered the meat ones very often, they are here at mo staying and having meat variety and real meat :0) ssshhh don't tell her )
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Several of mine are a bit meh about fish flavours, but Merrick LOVES them!