That explains a lot!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

That explains a lot!

Post by bobbys girl »

The night before last Bobby came in about 4AM, bounced on the bed and hopped up to say hello. I reached out to stroke him, he was wet, 'it's raining,' I thought.

Next morning, we awoke to a scene of carnage. Bob must have fallen in the bog, the bed, walls, windowsills, floor, cushions, sofa - all covered in black bog! :shock:

Bob himself was encrusted in black peat that had dried in clumps? I tried to dunk him in the bath (in tepid water), that resulted in the bathroom being pebble-dashed.

I had to sponge him clean, then clean the whole house and boil wash the bedding.

Fast forward to this evening, we were watching 'Who do you think you are?' and they were talking about Irish Townlands and their meanings. I decided to look up the meaning of our Townland name. I should have known it really. It translates to 'Little bog of the black colouring'. Sheesh, doesn't that say it all? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs Mac
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: That explains a lot!

Post by Mrs Mac »

That really made me laugh!! :lol:
'No sh*t, Sherlock' comes to mind... ;)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Typical!! :lol:

Mudpie Moggy or the Creature From the Black Lagoon?

And that name is perfect!

I expect Bob knew already - they always do :lol:
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

I think the 'little b**ger in the bog' is more apt for Bob,

Peat does take some shifting ! when daughter had been on archaeological digs ,on arriving home it was ' stand there don't move til i get the bin bags ' :D

The old croft/homestead needed rescuing ! but i wouldn't have brought a stone home from it, friend brought a stone home from Ireland, then she started having bad luck for months,so i said post it back ! she did, cost a fortune as it was so heavy :D and luck changed ...
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Yes there is certainly something magical about this place (and a little bit weird too)! We often say 'only in Ireland!'

I can be out in the middle of nowhere and never feel alone, unlike a town or city in England. I was over for a visit in a borrrowed Donegal reg Jeep. A total stranger literally bounced up to us and said in a strong Donegal accent, we are all in 'The George' if you want to join us!' Amazing! I've had folks I grew up with totally ignore me. I love this loony, damp, midge-ridden country!

The only down side is there are still a lot of silly superstitions about cats (and 'fairy trees' and 'luck money' and ......) :roll: :lol:
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

It sounds amazing. It's is quite funny isn't it - I work in London but live just outside and as large and buzzing as London is, it can be one of the loneliest places.

For example, walking into a pub on your own is quite the norm so people just accept that and don't try and include that single person into conversations. So you could sit there for hours on end surrounded by people but totally on your own.

As for Bobby coming in covered in bog - I'll never complain about the muddy pawprints my gang leave for me on my duvet; that's totally harmless compared :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

It's at times like these I'm glad I have a house cat :lol: the odd vomiting and diarrhea episode is nothing compared to bog residue being pebble dashed around the place!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Sending fusses to 'the little bogger of the black colouring". :)
Mrs Mac
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Mrs Mac »

Yeah, but I think bog is probably better than bird poo...

Rosie came in 2 weeks ago one evening and went straight into the guest bedroom for a nap and I didn't pay much attention as I was on the phone. When she came out 2 hours later, I thought she looked funny and to my horror, she had clearly been dive-bombed!

One massive streak of bird poo from her head down to her back! Must have been one of the fat pigeons she likes chasing. Some sort of retaliation I believe... We managed to clean her up as best as we could, she's got long hair so that was quite a drama - and then I remembered that she had been sleeping on the spare bed! You can imagine the state of the duvet cover... :o
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Mrs Mac wrote:Yeah, but I think bog is probably better than bird poo...

Rosie came in 2 weeks ago one evening and went straight into the guest bedroom for a nap and I didn't pay much attention as I was on the phone. When she came out 2 hours later, I thought she looked funny and to my horror, she had clearly been dive-bombed!

One massive streak of bird poo from her head down to her back! Must have been one of the fat pigeons she likes chasing. Some sort of retaliation I believe... We managed to clean her up as best as we could, she's got long hair so that was quite a drama - and then I remembered that she had been sleeping on the spare bed! You can imagine the state of the duvet cover... :o
Don't they present you with some problems?

I'm reminded of the time my Gorgeous George (sadly departed) went out hunting in his youth and decided to sick up on the dining room carpet. Allegedly 'Scotchgarded'.

A whole NEST of pigeons I'd guess. Eyes, beaks and all. That carpet was NOT George-garded! :shock:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Mrs Mac wrote:and then I remembered that she had been sleeping on the spare bed! You can imagine the state of the duvet cover... :o
Lilith wrote:A whole NEST of pigeons I'd guess. Eyes, beaks and all. That carpet was NOT George-garded! :shock:
Ooooh YUK X 2