Boo is playing nurse

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
HollyJLancaster
Frequent Cat Chatter

Boo is playing nurse

Post by HollyJLancaster »

Tiki went for her spay op today - too many big burly Toms around to let her out of the house until she'd been done and a six months she's practically baying at the window every time Boo goes out to stretch her legs! She came back from the vets this afternoon groggy but pretty relaxed and was apparently the perfect patient.

Boo's reaction has been just lovely though, usually she really has no interest in Tiki whatsover even though Tiki loves her and just wants to cuddle her all time, Boo's usual reaction to Tiki is clip round the ear and an unimpressed strut to the other room. This afternoon though she let Tiki eat off her plate even though she hadn't finished with her food (Tiki has been nil by mouth since yesterday eve so pretty hungry). Boo just stood there gently giving her little sniffs and licking her face.

Then Tiki went upstairs, got on OUR bed and curled up on BOO's pillow. The sheer audacity of that is usually enough to get Tiki a boxing from Boo but today she's allowed Tiki precious pillow time.

It's like she knows she needs a bit of comfort!

(I know this is of course unlikely to last :lol: :lol: )
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Boo is playing nurse

Post by lilynmitz »

That's so sweet! Hope it lasts :/)
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

I'd give it 2 days ;) I'm glad to know Boo does care though. In her own way.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

No, it probably won't last, but the fact that it happened at all is so very sweet! :)
suelily
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by suelily »

Lovely story. It shows they really care (sometimes). I have had my new cat for 5 weeks now and she loves getting brushed. She sits on my lap and purrs away. My older cat hated getting brushed, but since I have been brushing her he stands still so I can brush him. She wont use her bed (prefers the couch) which my older cat didn't (until now) they both sleep on the couch at night & I love it. She is getting more sure of herself around him to as yesterday she was hiding and then jumped out on him and wrapped her legs round his neck.It was lovely to watch. I know he is getting used to her because when she is lying on the chair and he cant see her he walks around the house meowing looking for her. Smiles all round. So glad I rehomed her now.