Miracles can happen!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Miracles can happen!

Post by Lilith »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11 ... =webmail11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please excuse rubbishy news site - but what an amazing story! :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Miracles can happen!

Post by bobbys girl »

Yes, I saw that in the paper. It is a lovely story, miracles DO happen. :D
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

:D Incredible :)

Just think how much quicker they would have got him back had he been chipped though :roll:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

That's what I can't understand, Mark - apparently he WAS microchipped - but they moved house and obviously, sadly, didn't update the record as they thought he'd vanished. Just goes to show it's best to do that, no matter how long a cat's been missing.

The alleged words about 'he's been so well looked after we can welcome him back' jar a bit too (surely they wouldn't have rejected him if he'd turned up thin and ill) but you have to make allowances for journalese I suppose grrrrr! :)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

It's a lovely story, but I wondered about the chip too. I find it hard to understand not updating the detaisl when you move in the first place, but to not update the details when you've LOST a cat and supposedly want it home safe ..... ??????? :?
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

I'm presuming they probably thought he'd been run over or similar which is why they didn't update the chip. A little notice to owners with lost cats ;) There is always hope!

I wouldn't judge the family on that too harshly though. I mean, when a cat disappears sometimes you never find them. If 6 months pass, it's quite reasonable to give up and move on.