Re: FORUM MAINTENANCE/ UPDATED BOARD!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
YogiBoy
Site Admin
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by YogiBoy »

Hello again,

OK, well that took us all by surprise - the essential maintenance needed on the forum tonight ended up with having to install a totally updated version! So at the moment, as you've no doubt noticed, the forum looks somewhat different to usual. We'll be making it look more like the CC forum again over the next few days.

The good news is that the forum is now "Responsive" design, so those using a mobile phone won't need to keep scrolling to see things. :)

The not-so-good news is that there may be things in the operation of this new version which are different to the previous version. :o If anyone finds any problems or has any queries about the new version, please post it on this thread, thank you!

Love & Purrs
Yogi and his human helpers..
xxx
Davethecat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Davethecat »

Sorry to anyone who wanted to post in reply to Yogi's post - he didn't do it right, but now it's done right and you can post here!!

Just to say that we are aware of two issues that we will be working on now: (1) the logo should link back to the main Catchat.org site., but at the moment doesn't, and (2) post notifications don't have the actual post text in. (this second one may or may not be possible to change, as it was a special modification we did on the previous version of the forum, but we will be looking for a way to do that on the new version if it's possible)

Any other comments / queries other than those two above, please post here!

Purrrrrrrrs and mor Purrrrrrrrs
Dave
xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Apart from the 'shock of the new', the only real gripe I have is I appear to have lost the 'View New Posts' bit at the top of the page. Can we have that back?
Jane

Post by Jane »

bobbys girl wrote:Apart from the 'shock of the new', the only real gripe I have is I appear to have lost the 'View New Posts' bit at the top of the page. Can we have that back?
Hi bobby’s girl, if you click on the top left of the board ‘Quick links’ you will find it there.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Great to have a link to the home page back - I scoot between the forum and the main site all the time! Thanks. :)
Davethecat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Davethecat »

We're getting there! Getting the logo to link back to the main site was easy, getting the text of posts back into notifications not-so-easy so far. We'll keep looking for a way. Or at least our human slaves will. Me and Yogi will help by bringing in the mice. Tough job but someone has to do it ;)

Prrrrrrrrrrrs & Prrrrrrrrrrrrs
Dave
xx
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Just another comment if you don't mind, but it took me a while to work out what "board index" meant, it's not very intuitive. Could this be changed to "forum index"? (Or maybe it's just me being dim...)
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

I wish posting pictures was friendlier. I can't resize in my present forum of communicating.
YogiBoy
Site Admin

Post by YogiBoy »

Hi lilynmitz,

Yes, we can change the "Board Index" wording. We can't really call it just "Forum Index" though, as each of the separate areas (Cat Chatting / Lost & Found etc) are technically termed as "Forums", which collectively make up the "Board" - I'll go and change it for now to 'Forum / Board Index', that should cover all bases! (any better suggestions welcome)

Love & Purrs
Yogi
xxx
YogiBoy
Site Admin

Post by YogiBoy »

Hi PeanutsFriend,

There are some good, free on-line photo resizing websites, here:
http://pixlr.com/editor (excellent free facility - crop, resize and optimise quickly and simply)
http://webresizer.com/resizer/ (use the "Image Quality" option to reduce the filesize)
http://www.picresize.com
http://www.bigwebpages.com/big/resize.html

Hope that helps!
Love & Purrs
Yogi
xxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I just went to answer a post on how to update your profile, and realised that I can't find how to edit your profile either now! I think the option has disappeared from the Control Panel. Or am I being blonde ........ :?
Jane

Post by Jane »

Hi,

Yes there is a problem and we are looking into it, thanks for pointing this out.

Jane
Jane

Post by Jane »

Hello!

This issue has now been sorted.
When logged in, under your Username (top right), go to “User Control Panel”, then click the “Profile” tab and the options are all there now.

Jane
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Great, thanks for fixing it and for letting us know.

Wishing all admin, mods and their furries a happy Christmas a new year. :)