OPINIONS PLEASE.....BARNEYS FIRST TRIP OUTDOORS !!!!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: OPINIONS PLEASE.....BARNEYS FIRST TRIP OUTDOORS !!!!

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Julie - we all have things that happen in our lives that shape things going forward and fear of losing those we love most can be a fundamental part of who we are and the choices we make. I totally understand how what you are going through would undoubtably effect how you feel about Barney and the indoor/outdoor 'conflict'. Please don't berate yourself for this though. Ultimately your little boy seems to have made the decision of what makes him happy all on his own.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

Thank you Shelley......the fear on his face when the door opened was enough for me tonight....poor fella was absolutely terrified, I dread thinking what has happened to him previously.....he lay in my arms for quite some time hanging on to my arm with his paw, shaking, he was so afraid.....he is now thankfully sleeping on the sofa, snoring away......I will never force him to go outdoors.........xx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Bless him, he must associate outdoors with something unpleasant for sure. I wouldn't wish a moment's fear on your little boy, Julie, but I have to admit that I wish my Edgar was a little less keen on outside! Perhaps Barney might have a chat with him about not scaring his Mummy and leading his little sister astray! Enjoy cuddling your boy and reassuring him. Xx