In praise of the Gentleman's Snoozing Club

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

In praise of the Gentleman's Snoozing Club

Post by Crewella »

Looking back through old pics I realised what a lot of changes my poor gang have put up with recently. Having settled into the new house, they have had to cope with the stream of ever-changing faces in the outdoor pen, the loss of both Peaches and Minnie (as well as Pugwash and Greebo whose stays were all too brief) and in just over a year they have gone through the introduction phase in the house for four different cats. Some have been easier than others - I had to remove Baxter when he got too possessive and started to bully the boys, and there were a few moments with both Pugwash and Greebo when I was worried that things weren't going too well, but overall they've coped admirably. They really are nice cats and I'm so proud of them, and grateful to them - they could have made life so very much tougher!

After a couple of weeks I'm daring to hope that Paddington is settling in well - he seems to have slotted in really comfortably, as though he's of the same temperament as the rest, and (touch wood) his has been the least stressful introduction so far. And we didn't have a tabby in the gang! ;)

So, three cheers (and some turkey breast for 'treats') for the Gentleman's Snoozing Club - founder members:

Merrick
Merricksnooze.jpg
Merricksnooze.jpg (136.82 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
Daz
Dazzysnooze.jpg
Dazzysnooze.jpg (106.85 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
Basil
Basilsnooze.jpg
Basilsnooze.jpg (113.57 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
For new member Paddington
Paddysnooze.jpg
Paddysnooze.jpg (82.17 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
...... and of course for Honorary Lady Member Grumpy Nellie!
Nelliesnooze.jpg
Nelliesnooze.jpg (77.22 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
Last edited by Crewella on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: In praise of the Gentleman's Snoozing Club

Post by bobbys girl »

Ah, Helen, what lovely pictures of you family. Fusses to them all.

Our lot are normally like that but I think a week of terrible weather has sent them stir crazy. The boys are not too bad, apart from being 'mardy' and wanting lots of cuddles and treats. The girls are being horrible. Willow is being a bxxxh to Tommy and keeps swiping at him so he has taken refuge on my mum's bed. Grace has become OH's shadow - even to the loo, and Purdy keeps coming in drenched, complete with mouse. So far I have been able to separate them. But she gets stroppy with me for spoiling her fun and we have a garden full of traumatised mice! It is all go at the funny farm. :roll:

Oh how I would like a house full of contented kitties like yours.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

"we have a garden full of traumatised mice!" I shouldn't laugh ...... but :lol:

Oh we have our moments! As you say, the weather has been foul so everybody keeps asking to go out and then standing in the open doorway looking affronted (whilst the cold wind whistles in past them) and Daz has been bored - when Daz is bored he liked to chase Grumpy Nellie, and Grumpy Nellie does not appreciate this as she's a lady of 'a certain age' and feels she should be treated with a little more respect. We all really miss Peaches, she used to keep Dazzy in line.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

Oh look at Daz all tucked up! He looks so content!

Thanksgiving is coming up soon! You better get 2 turkeys for the sleepy crew! :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

OH came home with a cooked chicken yesterday. 'It's for our lunch', he said (and, hey, there's plenty left for the kitties) You should have seen Tommy's face. He has been dining on roast chicken ever since! :lol:
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

Getting to know a new neighborhood and its residents large and small are challenging. But they rather be with you than anywhere else.
Its like getting a new gadget for the internet. You have get use to how all the buttons work. functioning is a brain tease. the people you love still there....
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Ah so Paddingtom (lol typo, I mean Paddington!) made it into the club, good chap! Thought he would. :)

They are most beautiful cats, I'm not surprised you're proud of them, and gorgeous pics - talk about Winter contentment :D
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh, they are all so adorable!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Thanks guys. I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but it's worth pointing out that all of them have come to me as 'hard to home' due to their age, temperament or medical condition (only Daz is under 10), and most were stray/abandoned. Merrick and Grumpy Nellie were loved, but their owner sadly had to give them up when they went into hospice care and couldn't find friends or family to take them.

We have 'roast chicken days' here too sometimes, when it's sold off cheap at Tesco. :D
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

Awwwwww,saw pics the other day (sent post but didn't work) it was the first thing I looked at on line that morning and it put me in a lovely mood for the day, heart warming.. I wish I could share pics of my sonny and cher (lost cher in April) with the world and also pepsi the pest. I have tried but can't resize etc etc. I'm so rubbish with technology!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Jilly, if you want to send me a couple of pics in an email I'll post them for you?