Impossibile to find a rent with pets?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
pepper
New Cat Chatter

Impossibile to find a rent with pets?

Post by pepper »

Hi all,
I'm moving from the south of England to the Leeds area and looking for a house to rent with a garden.

I have rescued seven cats in the last years and it seems impossibile to find a landlord who would accept these pets.( I also have two dogs).

I've tried loads of estate agencies,letswithpets and contacting some local associations (some are trying to help) but still had negative answers.(I'm not looking only in Leeds but in other Yorkshire areas)

I've offered a larger deposit and insurance for eventual damages but still people say no.

Anyone has some suggestions? I will never give away my pets,they are our family but on the other side I need to find a place to live! :|
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Impossibile to find a rent with pets?

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome.

You mention Lets with Pets - I presume therefore that you’ve seen this link below? including lots of info for Pet Owners, Landlords and Letting Agents:

http://www.letswithpets.org.uk

Also: Top 10 Tips for finding accommodation with your pet: http://www.letswithpets.org.uk/pet-owne ... p-ten-tips

apologies if you have and best of luck finding some accommodation.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

My daughter rents out her house and stipulated no pets, but a lady with a cat came along ( and as there was already cat flap in the door ) she agreed, daughter now lives in Leeds too now ...

Have you tried asking any of the cat rehoming centre's, i am sure they will have been asked before if they know of anywhere,try asking/emailing Yorkshire Cat rescue, have you asked on Leeds pages on Facebook? also vets may know pet friendly landlords.

Good luck !
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

Seven cats and two dogs are, I fear, going to be too much for any potential landlord in an urban setting

A cottage in a rural location may be your best bet, and perhaps local rescues might know of farms who have lettings
p885
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by p885 »

Good Luck!