Cat tracker advise

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarrowFarmer
Frequent Cat Chatter

Cat tracker advise

Post by MarrowFarmer »

One of our two cats has started disappearing every day either early hours or after breakfast then bowls back in at around 9pm and settles down for the night, over the last week we haven't seen him once during the day. We know he goes next door sometimes as the cats have some sort of cat swap arrangement going where their cat comes round ours and ours sleeps round theirs (all three get on fine so this isn't a problem). End of last week, however, he strolled back in and someone had put a yellow collar on him so I'm now thinking he has at least 3 homes and one of them thinks he might be a stray or they think a black cat needs a bright yellow collar for safety!

Thought about getting one of these just so we can see where he is going (http://www.seculife.com/details/REACHFA ... /#J_praise) but wondered if a) they need a data enable Sim card to work and b) what's the best place to get one (everywhere I look seems to say "pay-as-you-go" but needs a monthly top up)!
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Cat tracker advise

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

Could you not put a collar on him telling people he is yours? I know one of the cat rescue teams gave us one for a wee stray when we were looking for its owner, just asking if this is your cat please phone us etc. You could do the same in reverse if that makes sense, hi this is our cat not a stray etc but Thaks for looking out for him. Cheap and could be effective?..
MarrowFarmer
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by MarrowFarmer »

Yes we could and did think of that but we have always been interested in how far he wanders anyway as we suspect he could be one of those cats that go for miles without us knowing :o Just figured it would be fun to see how far and where he goes, wherever it is they don't seem to be upsetting him and he doesn't come in starving so is defo getting fed.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

this is a similar thing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Paws-Tracker- ... ords=gpaws

I had one a few years back and it was really fascinating to see just where my cat(s) went.... but unfortunately one day Abbie came home minus collar which meant the GPaws was gone as well :D And at the time they were A LOT more expensive than this; it's come down loads; wow!