Cats and Christmas trees

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Cats and Christmas trees

Post by MarkB »

Yes Helen - and the way things are going, she will be the only thing left hanging on the tree. She even managed to dislodge one of the branches yesterday :)

I know it isn't great quality. It was my first attempt at uploading to Youtube. Even that little clip took an hour to upload - we don't have fibre broadband (although might upgrade after that!) not sure I can justify an extra £10 a month for improved uploading of cat videos though :D
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

why not go the whole hog with fabric tree ornaments, and buy a selection of catnip-filled ones? that should keep the little darlings busy for a while, and might even leave them zonked out for a few hours if you're lucky
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

The branches slot in Kay - I can picture them strewn across the floor :D

It's funny, because Kasper is really playful too, but didn't show more than mild interest when I first put it up.
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Crewella wrote:Awwwwww, how is the lovely Dora? Give her a Christmas fuss from me. xx
She is very happy & healthy. Thank you for asking. Christmas fuss dutifully passed on x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

So funny, and so sweet, little divil! :)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

There you go Mark - you need one of these! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am7Xj2gvsFA
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I will seriously consider that next year Helen :)

I am going to look into individual lights, but I doubt the batteries last very long.
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

What a great thing to make for your cats. I love it!
Last edited by jillyvillyvoo on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Great video! And the Whiskas "Kitten Kollege" advert that ran before it was nice, too!
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

We bought a fibre optic Christmas tree today because family is coming for Christmas and my sister insisted that at Christmas you need 2 things. "A Christmas tree and a turkey." (My OH really wanted a ham so that's him scuppered)

So I insisted we buy a fibre optic tree because Sofi would knock down all the baubles in a heartbeat. We bought one, set it up and went to buy food. Come back 20 mins later, tree's on the floor.

We set it back up thinking "must've not positioned it right" and put the shopping away. All of a sudden there's an almightly crash! Yup, Sofi tried to climb up the tree.

So we set it up again and I monitored her for a good hour, saying no when she got near it and pulling her away from it on occasion.

After an hour she goes to sleep. I think "great! She's got the clue" and I go to make dinner. 5 mins later another almighty crash occurs. It appears she woke up and tried the same stunt all over again.

Christmas tree now lives on an Ikea unit she can't jump up to. Thank God we didn't buy a bigger one!

So much for fibre optic trees :roll:

PS: Now she's prowling around the unit and mewing like she's been deprived of a new toy. We haven't even plugged the damn thing in yet!