Connecting With Other Cat Lovers in Merseyside

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Wirralonian
Frequent Cat Chatter

Connecting With Other Cat Lovers in Merseyside

Post by Wirralonian »

Hi
I'm a proud mum to a gorgeous little cat, who charms and surprises me every day and who I absolutely adore.
Unfortunately I may have to go into hospital a few months into the New Year and I don't want to put her in a cattery as I don't think she'd do well in one so I was hoping to make some friends on here who I could perhaps ask (and obviously reimburse for their time) to pop into my home to feed her for a few days so she could remain at home in familiar and comforting surroundings. I think there is one pet sitting service in my area but I'd feel more comfortable if I could get to know some people on here, hopefully making some new friends into the bargain, who really are cat lovers and understand how I feel about the situation and who I could trust. Hope I don't sound like some over worried mum! :)
Thanks
L
Last edited by Wirralonian on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Connecting With Other Cat Lovers

Post by Crewella »

Nope, I can quite understand where you're coming from. I'm guessing that your user name 'Wirralonian' is a clue to your whereabouts?

I'm in London, I'm afraid, but wish you luck in your search. :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Connecting With Other Cat Lovers

Post by Lilith »

Hi there and welcome and sorry to hear of the prospective hospital visit - not a pleasant possibility.

In view of the timescale, personally, I'd be more inclined to suss out a reputable pet sitting service. Miracles might happen and there might be someone on here in your area willing to look after Ella in your absence (and this IS a good forum; I think we're all devoted to cats) but it's the end of Dec now, and all the xmas disruption, and you need to get a contingency plan in place asap. If you give your area, someone on here might know of a good pet sitter who they can recommend to you.

Keep in touch and do hope you find a solution :)
Wirralonian
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Connecting With Other Cat Lovers Merseyside

Post by Wirralonian »

Thanks for your reply Crewella and yes I am on the Wirral :)
Thanks also for your reply Lilleth. I haven't worded my post very well as I'm not going into hospital in a couple of weeks, I'm going into hospital later in the New Year (I've now amended my post to more accurately reflect this), so there's plenty of time for me to establish contact with others on here who may be able to help. I'm aware there is a pet sitter in my area but they've had some pretty poor reviews on various other forums, which is why I'd like to make some new friends who are cat lovers and who I'd feel more comfortable with and who I'd be happy to pay for their time. I don't need anyone to actually sit with my cat, she'd find a stranger being in our home too stressful, it's just a case of popping in to feed her so finger crossed :)
Last edited by Wirralonian on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Connecting With Other Cat Lovers in Merseyside

Post by Kay »

Do you have any cat owning neighbours who could help? This can be an ideal scenario, as you could return the favour at a later date, and neighbours would know about local vets - and of course there could be other situations, not necessarily cat-related, when you or they could do with some neighbourly help
Wirralonian
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Connecting With Other Cat Lovers in Merseyside

Post by Wirralonian »

Hi Kay
No, I'm afraid not. My neighbour is a drug dealer so I have as little to do with him as possible!