Hana wa Saku - Flowers will bloom

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Hana wa Saku - Flowers will bloom

Post by bobbys girl »

Following on from Helen's post 'Thoughts on missing cats..' and Anna's heartbreaking post about Binky, I was watching NHK this morning and was reminded of a song written after the earthquake and tsunami in East Japan in 2011.

It is a song of loss and of hope. The Japanese version is beautifully filmed and sung, but the English version has words that get me every time.

'My heart goes out to you.... Flowers will bloom.. yes they will, and they'll bloom again until there is NO missing sorrow and no reason left to mourn.'

I don't think I have posted this before, but it is worth a second look.

To all of us who have 'absent friends', I hope this brings some comfort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuMlBNCTTFA
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Hana wa Saku - Flowers will bloom

Post by Lilith »

Yes, flowers will bloom again, though it takes time.

After Tess went, suddenly, at only 7, it took months. Still think about her every day. It was January 2007. I'd known bereavement before that but never realised its full force till Tess. Horrible. And horrible for her too. One minute a healthy vigorous young cat, the next...thank heaven the vet was round the corner and prompt with an appointment (it was a RTA.) Enough said.

I'm so sorry about Tommy and what you're going through now.

I have full faith that we'll all be reunited eventually with our loves x
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

What a lovely song. I was going to watch a YouTube the other day - the Dalai Lama talking with tsumani survivors. Take care everyone & hugs Vivian
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'd not seen that before, beautiful, and it made me cry. In a good way. Thank you for posting it. :)

I'm so sorry you're hurting, but it will get easier. Much love from me, and from Paddington, who is my flower blooming because of the loss of Greebo. (((hugs)))
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Hana wa Saku-DREAM

Post by Mayday21 »

Morning folks I didn't want to start a new topic & thought this post somewhat relevant.

Last night was the first time I dreamt of my darling Mayday since she left me 22/11. Mum & dad were also in my dream. I dreamt she was playing hide & seek with me & I was could see her & was calling her. It was a bit surreal as I know I did cuddle her but it didn't feel 'real'. My dad spoke to me in the dream about how he 'would probably die in the next 3 months & mum would collapse in a heap.' Very strange. Today I'm off to a day's retreat at the Buddhist temple. Maybe it's all tied in together. :? Vivian