Homoeopathic Remedies for Cats

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Homoeopathic Remedies for Cats

Post by Shelly and Dora »

I've arrived home from work today to find a book posted through my door. I have no idea where its come from however, whoever is responsible clearly knows me well!

It's called Homoeopathic Remedies for Cats and its written by George Macleod. The back reads: George Macleod, a graduate of Glasgow University, was one of the worlds foremost authorities on the Homoeopathic treatment of animals. He was one of the few veterinary surgeons to use Homoeopathic medicines wholly and exclusively.

Apparently the book gives details of how to prepare and administer the remedies as well as advice on treating common feline ailments.

Looks like a good read!!

Obviously my starting point is arthritis and possible ideas to help Dora (who is on a 12th of the recommended Metacam dose for her body weight, has been for about 6 weeks now with no adverse effects.... Yay!!)

If anyone wants any particular remedies I'd be happy to look them up for you.

Shelly x
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Homoeopathic Remedies for Cats

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

How interesting! Will you look up gingivitis for my two? Dora is doing so well, Shelly. I am so glad! X
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

We tried this. I don't have the patients for it.
Did you find out what you needed to help with the arthritis? I have a massage book that helped some with that. Homoeopathic takes a while to kick in. Better than drugs.
Jill
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Sounds great Shelly. I'm also interested in gingivitus for Fluffy. Along with kidney disease and heart disease. I'd best leave the list at that for now!!

I think you've done a marvelous job with Dora. You must be so pleased :)

p.s forgot about arthritis. Sorry xx
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!

Hi all.

I'm still getting to grips with the book to be honest. Each ailment is listed with a 'recipe' of ingredients and then the amount of the ingredients required is given in a different section of the book!!

It's all a bit too much for me to cogitate over properly after a days work so rather than posting what I'm interpreting at the moment and sending all of Dora's Friendlies on a mad Dashing session that lasts for days because we've dosed them too high, let me try to get my head round it over the weekend & I'll post back!!

Is that ok??
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Awww Shelly. Don't you worry. There's no rush whatsoever. Personally I'm just a bit curious. And a bit lazy to be honest. I've got my book of Bach's Flower Remedies for cats and I haven't even gone through that properly yet!! That's why I still resort to Rescue Remedy as it is a good all rounder for stressful situations.

Hope you're managing to relax a bit now and switch off. With Dora's help :)
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!

Actually Carol we've just finished a very exciting game of 'chase me on all fours around the chair so I can bunny hop & chirrup lots whilst laughing at you Mummy'....!!

Couldn't possibly think of a better way of spending my evening & I genuinely mean that!!

xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

That is just brilliant! You've made me laugh as well now :)

I knew Dora would work her magic on you. Well done little girl xxx
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!

The day started at 4:50..... I woke and needed a wee (its my age). Anyway, at this point Dora's snoring away beside me. She's a funny girl because she's routine led & wakes normally about 20
minutes before me. I love my wet nose kisses and gentle face taps with her paw. There's nothing better in this world that waking up with Dora 1cm from my face & meowing so gently! However, if I wake & then toss & turn (not unusual at the moment) Dora wakes, stretches, plays and waits until she thinks its a acceptable time before she wakes me in the best way possible!

Anyway, we played the toe monster game for about 20 minutes this morning. I love this game because Dora is so clever. She never chases my toes unless I say 'where's the toe monster? To which I get the loudest chirrup and then get my feet & toes chased to within an inch if their life!

I've been at work today however I love that Dora's 6 (where's that time gone), and she wants to play like a kitten.

I know I've digressed but I think it's allowed!!
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

Sounds like you gave up on the book like I did.
People who do this love it. I just don't have the ambition.
I got water on the brain more days than not.
jill