The supervet

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Themogfather
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

The supervet

Post by Themogfather »

Watching a program called supervet on channel 4. Just watched as the vet was treating a cat whos leg had been caught in a snare trap. The cats heart stoped for 3 minutes and as a last chance the vet cut a hole in the cats chest and massaged heart directly and he saved the cat. Absolutly amazing and moving to watch.
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Re: The supervet

Post by Lyn from Australia »

That's amazing, although we should expect that the same things which work on humans would work on our pets and all other animals. A very early episode of Bondi Vet had an episode about a cat which had been poisoned with paracetamol who arrested. The cat was already on oxygen and the vet "massaged" its chest like you would for a baby, but unfortunately the cat didn't make it. I was absolutely devastated, but learned a valuable lesson about the danger posed to our pets by "innocuous" drugs such as panadol headache tablets and stuff we leave about the house without even thinking. Mind you, this cat had been deliberately poisoned. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just last night I was removing some panadol tabs from their plastic bubbles and the noise attracted Jagger, so of course I knew to grab them up straight away - something I wouldn't have known was essential to do had I not seen the Bondi Vet story. So thank you, poor "Lucky".
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: The supervet

Post by greenkitty »

I watched this too. Great to see a vet with so much compassion and empathy, I loved the way he got down on the floor with Bacchus to give him a good cuddle when he showed him how well he could walk.