cat and silicone

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
joto
New Cat Chatter

cat and silicone

Post by joto »

Hi all
My cat loves to eat industrial (building) silicone sealant i caught her removing from arround door frame, first i thought she was just playing with it but after i found that she ate some of it and after a day she was really sick. didnt eat for two days and had to go to vet to save her. how to make her not to want to eat it? Recently i noticed she tried to get some silicone from another door and arround bath. cant follow her everywhere.
Thank you
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: cat and silicone

Post by greenkitty »

I think you should take her to the vet, Pica (a condition where cats eat plastic type substances) can be (but not always) a sign of an underlying health condition and should always be checked out.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I agree, and silicone sealant is very nasty stuff. I hope you get her sorted soon.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

You could try spraying with bitterant. I may train her out of the habit. http://www.amazon.co.uk/NaturVet-Bitter ... tter+apple I guess it it the pet version of the stuff used to stop nail biting.