For anyone that buys Lidl premium Coshida pouches

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

For anyone that buys Lidl premium Coshida pouches

Post by MarkB »

I think I have found it under another name on Zooplus. It appears to have the same ingredients - the inulin gave it away :)

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cann ... ood/430259

Same price as Lidl, but at least I know they have some! - also without the lugging :)

They had 96 pouches for £18.99 this morning, but seems to have disappeared.

Good for a standard food. No sugars and includes Inulin, a prebiotic fibre.

Edit - found the 96 pouch deal http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cann ... omposition
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: For anyone that buys Lidl premium Coshida pouches

Post by Alice »

Good detective work, Mark, thanks.

In Lidl many of the jelly packs now are the ones with vegetables, etc, so I'd wondered if the original packs may soon be phased out - hope not, but useful to know about these from Zooplus.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I just think it is because Lidl have them delivered on a mixed pallet. The regular jelly one always sells out first. Two branches have told me this. One even told me that they had another pallet out the back, but weren't allowed to put it out until the rest of the first pallet had sold out.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Thanks, Mark. Order duly placed!
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I am undecided. Kylie is going through phases with it. For a while she would eat nothing else, then she wouldn't touch it. We are now down to 'OK for the odd meal' Domino likes the fishy one - he eats very little wet. Ingrid will eat whatever is down, although favours AGAIL. Kasper only seems to like Whiskas.

i still have 3 boxes left of the 10 I bought in Lidl a while back when I must have caught them at the right time! :)

I wish I could convince them to eat it, as it actually smells like real food, unlike most cat food - especially Whiskas, which makes me heave! :)

Just to add for anyone that didn't see my old detective threads. I am certain that is food is VitaKaft, but packaged for diffeent customers. Even Zoofast, who are cheap, charge 79p a pouch for it (compared to under 25p from Lidl or Zooplus) http://www.zoofast.co.uk/vitakraftvitab ... 16706.html
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Edgar absolutely loves it and since it is sugar and cereal free he can have it a couple of times a week. if he is really happy with his menu, then he is less likely to raid Pepsi's Gourmet pates and Lou's AGAIL. Ideally he should only eat the really ultra low carb, premium high meat content foods such as Smilla or Bozita. Lily's and Nature's Menu are quite popular with him, but at heart he is a junk cat food binger. The Coshida looks much better than the other cheap/supermarket varieities so I feel less guilty when I let him have a pouch.