Cat taken from me

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Di
New Cat Chatter

Cat taken from me

Post by Di »

I need help and support with something I am so upset about. I have had cats throughout my life and also helped charity's to home cats Approx 14 months ago when it was so cold at night minus ten a little back cat I found cold starving and scared in my garden, my heart melted and I took the little cat in to warm her up and feed her, after a couple of days she was stronger. I took her to my local vets and got her scanned, no owners came up pet log could not trace anyone. I advertised her as lost and searched internet for any list cats. Time went buy she never left my side and my own black cat and little cat were so close doing everything together she was part of the family now. She went out too but never left. I lived her so much. Then only last Thursday she walked in the room from the kitchen and sage was wobbly like she was drunk I panicked as there us a lot of antifreeze poisoning and rushed her to the vets where I take regularly my other cat. The first thing he did was scan her and said I was not the owner. I was devastated. He would not treat her and it was an emergency until he contacted the people on the chip. Although it was logged 14 months ago missing from my call to them.

He licked myself and cat in a room with no treatment for two hours until he could contact name on chip. When they answered they were not sure wanted her or not and could not get there two hours. Then the cat was physically dragged from my arms she was devoted to me clung to me cried. He said he was going to treat her. It was closing he told me people who was on chip had arrived and they did not want to see me. He put her in a cage for night closed the surgery with no one with her all night,

I was told to leave, I would never have got attached to her if knew had home but the error was when scanned before.
I returned vets next morning to be told for data protection I could not even know she was alive

I don't know where she us or who with and miss her so much my other cat won't eat and is searching for her it breaks my heart.

Surely they should have had a home check and been some days before took off me if had to be I don't even know if they are really the owners the cat had only recently been chipped

I need help for the cats welfare to be checked and to know how she us I think because I saved her life fed and cared fir her all that time I am entitled to know she was like having a child took off me.
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Cat taken from me

Post by Joe_Danger »

I couldn't even finish reading this, I got so upset.
Who the **** do these people think they are? For starters what right does that vet have to not treat an animal in need JUST because some fancy chip says you're not the owner, second what right do people who aren't even sure they want the cat back have the right to take her away.
I don't even know, like what the hell is wrong with people

I'd tell ya to hang in there and all that useless cliche stuff but it's stupid and when I'm told such things I just get upset because it's all cliche BS that doesn't help. IMO you should rage at the vet, rage at the people and if need be pay them to get your cat back.
If they weren't sure they wanted her they might accept money for her or some such, that's the way ******* people work
pandorawarlord
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by pandorawarlord »

how stupid can a vet or people be!!!! please contact the RCVS straight away tomorrow on 0207 7222 2001 ( they will help you)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

That is truly awful! You must be in bits. The whole thing just beggers belief.

If you are a regular visitor to that vet,then surely they would know you had the cat's best interests at heart and she needed treatment WHOEVER she belonged to. I have never heard of a vet being such a dxxk and as for the 'owners', words fail me. :x

I hope someone on here can advise you better on what you could do. But know I am thinking about you.

Sue
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Di I feel for you - what an appauling way for the dear kitty & you to be treated. I hope you hear some good news. I agree with all the posts here. I'd report the vet! Keep us posted on any developments. And the previous owners shouldn't have been given kitty. They never reported her missing to the national register. Vivian
Lulu54
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Lulu54 »

If anyone locked me in a room for two hours without my consent I'd sue the hell out of them for assault
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Oh help, that's just awful, and I can't think of a single thing that would be of use to you. I just really feel for you, and cannot believe the vets could behave so appalingly. Or the so-called owners.:(
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

Lulu54 wrote:If anyone locked me in a room for two hours without my consent I'd sue the hell out of them for assault
Yes, me as well, Lulu. And, this so-called vet was putting that poor cats life in danger by leaving her untreated all that time. I wouldn't let this lie that's for sure. Get some advice from the CPL or the RSPCA and the RCVS.

That 'vet' and those 'caring' owners should be punished.
OHWS
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by OHWS »

Last edited by OHWS on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

Hmm, I see what you mean, OHWS. I haven't been on the forum for a while and this just caught my attention. Then I noticed the date of original post. :?

Anyway, let's hope they got something sorted.