Fetch Kitty

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
charlie_rabbit01
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Fetch Kitty

Post by charlie_rabbit01 »

Is my kitten just odd or does yours play fetch as well?

I swear someone has sold me a dog in disguise.

Denzel is 10 months old and has perfected "stay" when by the front door, he is fast learning to come when called.

And for the last 2 evenings has got us to play fetch with him, now its not quite like a dog where you throw a toy and say fetch and the dog retrieves it and brings it back, but Denzel will bring you his flavour of the week toy drop it in your lap and wait patiently for you to throw it, he'll go fight with it then bring it back for you to throw again.

I quite enjoy this game as it means I can be lazy and play whilst sitting on the sofa.

Does your cat/kitten do this?
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Fetch Kitty

Post by lilynmitz »

How sweet! You have a very intelligent cat there - enjoy! I've had a few cats who will bring toys back to me for me to throw again, (even Lily, who is at the opposite end of the IQ scale) but it usually ends up with me doing most of the retrieving :-)
charlie_rabbit01
VIP Cat Chatter!

Thanks, I've never known a cat to do things like this before.

His other trick is to come crying (he's a Siamese) because he's "lost" his toy when you go looking for it, its in his food bowl by his litter tray as a hint i'm hungry or clean my litter tray!

He's a stickler for routine.
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

In my experience Siamese in particular love fetching - mine from many years ago always lay in wait every time I took the cellophane off my cigarette packets, and we'd play fetch until they stopped making that crinkly sound they so loved. :( So many years ago and I remember like yesterday!

A couple of my younger girls now love to play fetch with mice - the ones with the little beads inside them.
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Hazel »

I've never managed to teach Mika to fetch, he just doesn't get it. They are very dog like. Having said that I've always had trouble teaching dogs to fetch too so it's probably me doing it wrong! Mika just uses his energy and intelligence for mischief :roll:
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Squeak used to play fetch for ages, but she seems to have lost interest for some reason??
charlie_rabbit01
VIP Cat Chatter!

he's my first cat, so its all new to me, I just never expected to play this kind of game with him.

It's lots of fun though.