Latest hi-tech cat toy

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Latest hi-tech cat toy

Post by MarkB »

http://www.drinkstuff.com/blog/wp-conte ... s1_big.jpg

Yes, really! :D

I have one in the bedroom that has been there since before xmas. Ingrid regularly curls up inside it, or lies in wait for another cat to pass so she can bat them. I didn't have the heart to recycle it.

I was out shopping and having lunch with a friend today. We were in Primark and she was telling me how much her cat loves a Primark bag she has had for ages. Her cat, Annie, sleeps in hers all the time.

So..... :D
Last edited by MarkB on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Latest hi-tech cat toy

Post by lilynmitz »

My sister's cat is just the same. Her favourite bed is the lap top cover.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

They were Busters favourite toys, Lucy hasn't had the pleasure
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

We are toying with the idea of a cat tree for Ingrid, but wonder if it will be ignored in favour of the paper bag :shock:
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

Tips loves a really old Next carrier. It 'lives' at the end of her play tunnel. She runs through the tunnel and charges into the bag which makes very loud noises! We do not dare take it off her!!!
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

My lot also like the bigger primark bags.... they try very hard to squeeze into the medium size ones but they just do not fit; it's funny to watch them

Just a reminder to everyone though to cut the handles of the bags so the cats don't get caught in them ;)
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

MarkB wrote:We are toying with the idea of a cat tree for Ingrid, but wonder if it will be ignored in favour of the paper bag :shock:
My cats didn't seem very interested in their cat tree at first, and I resorted to putting treats on all the levels to encourage them to explore it. But a few weeks later, they each have their favourite platform to sit on, and when they play chase-about they rocket up and down it.

Mind you, my cats are deprived... I don't have any big paper bags! :oops:

Mary
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

Whenever I go to a local fast food chain (why yes is IS KFC) I always ask for a big bag because I know Sofi loves to crawl into them and sleep. They never last very long though. A week at most before she's clawed and chewed it to pieces.

I never really go to Primark over here though. It's so far out of the way and always filled with really pushy people over here. I only really go for essentials like socks and.... socks. Occasionally some towels. I can't bear to be in there for any length of time because people call you all the P and B words under the sun. (I suppose B, S and C words in the UK)
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

it's the same principle as the cardboard cat beds, I suppose

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scra ... ure/315507

my two spend many hours in theirs, and seem to find the shape just right for sticking a paw out whilst still lying down at the other when he or she is passing
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I must remember to order one of those with my next Zooplus order. Kasper loves to claw things. Funnily enough, he doesn't go for sofas, he prefers hard surfaces, like table legs.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

meriad wrote:Just a reminder to everyone though to cut the handles of the bags so the cats don't get caught in them ;)
Willow did that once with the handle of a plastic bag. She ran around the house, bouncing off the walls as we tried to free her. Took ages for her to get over the shock, poor baby.

At the moment I am having to 'Hoover' around 2 boxes that are now beds/dens. Gracie likes to customise them by chewing the corners off - she can't do that with bags.
Kittymom_14
New Cat Chatter

Post by Kittymom_14 »

Hello all. I am new here and chatting from Minnesota USA. I have 11 rescue cats. They are all family and live inside. I have been doing this for over 30 yrs.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Welcome Kittymom. We come from all over & everyone very helpful & supportive. I'm in Australia. Vivian
MarrowFarmer
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by MarrowFarmer »

The Ikea bag game, one cat goes the inside and one on the outside. The outside one taps the bag with a paw and the inside one pounces with all his/her might. Hours of fun for two cats and the bags seem to handle the battering quite well. :lol:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/17228340/