Any Cat Lovers In Wirral Merseyside?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
EllasMum
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Any Cat Lovers In Wirral Merseyside?

Post by EllasMum »

Hi :)

Just wondered if any of you lovely cat lovers are anywhere near me in Wirral Merseyside? The reason I'm asking is I'm quite poor health at the moment, which is only going to get worse, and I could do with some help just a few times a year to get my little angel into her cat basket for vet visits etc as I'm not strong enough to hold her. It would literally be to just pop her in her basket and I'd be more than happy to pay you for your time. My vets will carry out home visits but as you can imagine it's not cheap and not something I can afford to do all the time and unfortunately family and friends are scared to death of cats so someone who can spare ten minutes a few times a year would be greatly appreciated by both me and Ella! :)

L
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Any Cat Lovers In Wirral Merseyside?

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh, I am so sorry I don't live in Wirral, it would have been such a pleasure to help you. I hope you get a positive response soon! x
EllasMum
New Cat Chatter

Post by EllasMum »

Aw thanks Sarah, that's so kind :)
I might just have to bribe my friends and family if not, although they're so scared of cats I hate to think what their price might be! :D
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Alice »

I don't live near enough to help, but I think I'd try putting a notice up in your vets waiting room, if allowed, and ask them if they know of someone who may be willing to help. I'd also suggest contacting local animal charities to see if one of their volunteers would help, in return for a donation to their charity.

Another thought - are there any cats in the neighbourhood whose owners you could approach for help? I'm sure most would be happy to help - it's not a big commitment you're asking for.
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Oh I wish I was closer as I would happily help you out.

I agree with Alice. Why not try your vets &/or local cat charities?

Best wishes.

Shelly
EllasMum
New Cat Chatter

Post by EllasMum »

Thanks for the messages ladies. Unfortunately my vets don't allow personal notices and I have already tried my local animal charity and was put in touch with a few volunteers but was let down several times at the last minute as they had something important to deal with. As for my neighbourhood, no cats I'm afraid, mainly pit bulls and the sort of neighbours who can't string a sentence together without including a profanity every other word! If the worst comes to the worst I can always live on beans on toast to pay for vets home visits! :D
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

If you have to go down the paying route what about using a pet sitter type person? Probably be cheaper than a vet home visit. Although I'm way down south I know the pet sitter I use will do other pet related requests.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

have you tried enticing her into a carrier without your help? leaving it out all the time, with a favourite blanket inside, might encourage her to use it as a bed - or perhaps she would follow some treats inside

and looking forward, I wonder if something like this would be useful http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dog-Puppy-Str ... 3f321cd651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I live alone, and am no longer young, or even, if I'm honest, middle-aged - I bought one a couple of years ago, as I was struggling to carry my heavyweight girl, and I didn't trust my rigid carriers not to come apart with her inside - she readily goes into it if I leave it out

it would be great if you could get some help, but if an emergency vet visit was required you would be on your own
EllasMum
New Cat Chatter

Post by EllasMum »

Thanks again ladies :)
I might go down the pet sitter route and see if they'll just come out to help me get her in her carrier.
As for her carrier I've tried several different types, leaving them out as if they're part of the furniture, using them as part of our play sessions with her toys and even putting her treats in them but she's having none of it and two years on she still won't go near them! It's difficult enough getting a cat into a carrier with two arms but as only one of mine works properly I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from and why I need help! :D