My cat from hell TV program

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
kev1949
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

My cat from hell TV program

Post by kev1949 »

Never in all my life seen such a load of twaddle! Do people actually pay this guy? I'v had four cats for the last three years, and yes, sometimes act aggressive. Nothing that can't be sorted out by a responsible owner. And the way this guy presents himself makes him look a right idiot! How can people be so gullible as hire him in the first place?? And then appear on TV claiming what a wonderful job he is doing??
OHWS
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: My cat from hell TV program

Post by OHWS »

Last edited by OHWS on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
kev1949
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by kev1949 »

Sorry, but I think its a load of tosh. As well as some of my cat loving friends do to.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

I don't have animal planet so have no seen many of JGs shows, but any I have seen have been great in terms of his approach and advice to his clients. He's, he is a celebrity cat behaviourist, and yes, the shows are edited for TV and chosen for their bizarreness, but as a student vet nurse I have seen clients come in with the most ridiculous situations based on them having gotten a cat without having any CLUE as to what a cat is..... Not every cat lands in the lap of a proper cat-person lol. Some unfortunates end up with people who want independent dogs they can dress up...... JG is well qualified and has the right attitude IMO. It's an area I want to do further study in myself and So far in my degree I have found no fault with any of his advice.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

And yes, a responsible owner will sort out behavioural issues, but they may be responsible and still uninformed. A responsible owner in that case will seek the advice of a trained professional. Even when informed it can be difficult to stand back and assess the situation objectively, for the benefit of the cats........
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

Actually the show is miss titled. It should be Cat Owners From Hell. It is always the fault of the owner. Of course you can asked any rescue or shelter. People turn over their animals for the stupidest reasons.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

That is an excellent point!