Cat wee

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Rodgydodge
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Cat wee

Post by Rodgydodge »

Probably one of the most asked questions, how can I get rid of the smell of cat wee?

I took my cat to the vet last week she somehow managed to wee through the cat carrier grills on the way there in the car! It had got into the passenger seat I tried to soak it up and wash the seat as soon as I got home and cleaned the seat with interior upholstery cleaners, first few days weren't so bad but as it got warm this week the car stinks to high heaven.

Any advise how to get rid of the smell, is there any products on the market etc?
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Cat wee

Post by Baggypants »

I haven't used it myself but I think others recommend this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Urine-Off-Kitt ... B000SZ7582

Or I think they say Biological washing powder? Something that break downs the smell I think. Good luck! Lots of driving with the windows down - probably not ideal at this time of the year!
Rodgydodge
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat wee

Post by Rodgydodge »

Thanks baggy pants for your reply I've rewashed it and sprayed it with frabreez fabric spray I had read vinegar and water but I dint know what would be worse! Not so bad if the sun doesn't shine. I think Trescothick do a similar product like the one you posted.