Flying cat food.

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Flying cat food.

Post by Grace56 »

You know that thing you do before opening a cat food pouch? You grasp it by the top and shake it down, yes.
Well, yesterday I did that just a bit too vigorously and to mine and Dave's astonishment, the pouch ripped open mid shake and went winging over my head and across the kitchen. :o
It seemed to take forever to land and when it did, there was cat food up the walls, on the floor, up the back door and on the doorstep.....and in my hair, yuk!
I was still finding Sheba with chicken high up the walls last night. :?
I won't be doing that again in a hurry. But Dave did get his lunch.....then walked away from it. 'Sigh'
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Flying cat food.

Post by Crewella »

You mean he didn't even help you clean up? :lol:
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

Oh dear. I’m good at doing stuff like that :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I'll lend you our Gracie, the feline waste disposal unit. Never known to turn down a free meal - wherever it landed. :lol:
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

I was dreading a bird thread, but probably almost as bad, given that Sheba smells like it came out of the other end of a cat. I'm very good at walking onto cat food dishes. I try to put them near walls or units, but as most know, cat like having the bowl placed right in front of them.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I had a similar incident this morning - rushing out to work, late I fed the cats in a hurry and, in my haste, Merrick's bowl flew out of my hand as I was turning round to put it down for him. I use ceramic bowls too, so there was a hell of a crash and cat food (and cats, who all scarpered) and bits of bowl everywhere!! Why do things like this always happen when you're already late!! :roll: