Cat Sitters in Hull

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
judes
Frequent Cat Chatter

Cat Sitters in Hull

Post by judes »

Having successfully moved from the south coast
Up to Hull some 7 months later than planned I need to go away for a few days in Sept
Does anyone know of a local cat sitter? I've posted on streetlight as well.
Having just moved them all I'm reluctant to
put them in a cattery it will just upset them as
they are just getting settled.
Did gave a scary moment when Dingo got out, he came home at 3am! He is the wuss of the family.
As a by the by I managed to find a fantastic
Cat Courier/pet transporter. Her main concern was for the kitty's despite the fact I travelled up
with them. The 2 girls had separate pens and the
boys went together, basically so that chilled out Frank would calm Dingo down. They had enough room to stretch their legs and all had litter trays and water.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Cat Sitters in Hull

Post by MarySkater »

Can't help with your question as I'm not local. But I'll make one suggestion: I've used cat sitters in the past (not live-in, which is very expensive, but visiting the cats once a day). I ask the sitter to text me each day. Nothing elaborate, just "cats ok". It only takes a few seconds for the sitter to do, and it's reassuring to get the message.

I started asking for that after a pet minding service, who had until then appeared very reliable and well organised, messed up my booking. I had it confirmed in writing, but nobody visited my 2 cats, who were left shut in my flat for a week without being fed. Fortunately I had left them 2 big bowls of water. I always did that, being a bit nervous about going away and leaving them locked in, and they hadn't quite got to the end of the water. They could both afford to lose a bit of weight (which they did, of course) but came through the experience with no ill-effects. For several days after I got home they were both sleeping a lot, and I think that's how they got through their enforced starvation.

That service (in Oxfordshire) is apparently no longer in business.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Cat Sitters in Hull

Post by MarkB »

That is awful Mary.

I used a catsitter (feeder really) a few times when I lived in London. I remember going away to Italy for a few days. I phoned her on the 2nd night to make sure Kylie was OK. She told me yes, she was fine, but she had mislaid my doorkeys!!! - but not to worry, as she had put down a big bowl of dry and a big bowl of water that morning :roll: - she found the keys the next day, but it spoiled my break.

I would think the best place to ask would be at the vets. Most have cards for various sitters/feeders and are able to recommend.

PS - I always left some of my worn clothing on the bed for Kylie and on my return, it was usually well-covered in cat hair! :D