giving meds, part 2

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
catslave16
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

giving meds, part 2

Post by catslave16 »

A week or so ago I started a thread about giving meds. I related how I'd forced a pill down Rufus Tuftypaws's throat and how guilty he made me feel. I felt ever so slightly smug that I'd managed it so neatly, though.
Well, today I was tidying my living room, plumping up the sofa cushions and what did I find underneath a cushion?
Yep. The Pill.
How on earth did he manage that? :o :shock:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: giving meds, part 2

Post by Lilith »

Ah.

I think you must have left that copy of 'The Unadulterated Cat' lying around and he's read about the feline cheek pouch, storing unwanted pills for the use of...

Somewhere on the web there's probably a cat anarchy site that runs tutorials to do with this sort of thing.

But to secrete it underneath a cushion...

Never underestimate a cat, or its imagination :lol:
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Oh dear, the calculating cat triumphs again! Tilly did that to me, only I found out a bit quicker, hence the resort to subterfuge! By the way, just found that Grace McHattie in her Moggy Cat Care book "Supercat" (most useful cat book I have) suggests covering pill in cream cheese as the cheese is sticky and puss can't spit it out. Maybe worth trying as long as Rufus likes cheese!
catslave16
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by catslave16 »

Yeah, I regard it as evidence of great intelligence. And deviousness.
I love the idea of a forum where cats learn how to reject meds. Or maybe the Kitten Academy can run a course on the subject
- the one that features in a series of ads for a certain cat food, that I get when I use you Tube, quite cute