Feeling really bad :-(

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Willowgill
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Feeling really bad :-(

Post by Willowgill »

Left my 3 babies at the cattery for the first time and feel like I've abandoned them. I picked the best place I could for them - they look out at chickens and horses and have put Max and Alfie in together with Daph in the next cage - she has my dressing gown to sleep on and mousey to play with and they have their bed and blankets but can't help thinking they'll be so lost. Especially Max who is blind and won't know where he is. We are going to Florida tomorrow and I can't help feeling like I don't want to go - am I mad?!!
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Feeling really bad :-(

Post by Walesgang »

I am trying to think of words not to make this sound like it does.

We have never used a cattery mainly because of Tips our blind girl. But Henry and Tios were recently hospitalised - they had their own beds etc and were fine.

I am sure your gang will be too.

Enjoy your break :D
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Most cats do fine in catteries; the main thing seems to be that they have friendly human contact each day. Ours have been three times now and they've been absolutely fine and settled back at home in an INSTANT, even after 2 weeks.

Please enjoy your holiday and trust the nice people you've left them with. Think how wonderful it will be to get home again as well :-)
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

Hi......please don't feel bad...you ae doing the best you can, we too have a holiday in a few weeks time, which is very much needed, before things get worse, without boring you with the details, and Barney will be looked after by my Father in law, who lives around the corner, he will come in and feed him and fuss him twice a day, he adores cats....I feel awful as Barney is very clingy towards me and is a bit of a .baby' ...he has constipation at times, which is under control at the moment and he is happy, so leaving him will be hard but realistically, me and my husband desparately need a break, due to my parents ill health and as we both work full time. it has been difficult to even relax.....I know he will be looked after but I still feel anxious but at the end of the day I know he will be well cared for, as you do too.....so please just enjoy your holiday, as I will try to...and just imagine the sulks we will get when we get home !!.......x :roll:
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Sometimes we have to do things like this, and you've done your very best to find the right environment for them. I left my two in kennels a fee times, including Mitz, who was blind, and Lily who was on medication, and they were both fine when I got back, and pleased to be home with me. They had been really well looked after, and none the worse for their experience. Just remember, worrying and feeling guilty about them while you are away won't be making a jot of difference to them, so just forget about it till you get home, and have a wonderful time.