Rescued Stray Cats - Echoes of former lives

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
OHWS
VIP Cat Chatter!

Rescued Stray Cats - Echoes of former lives

Post by OHWS »

Last edited by OHWS on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Rescued Stray Cats - Echoes of former lives

Post by Kay »

interesting - I've often wondered how much, and how long, cats can remember, and it has some significance when taking on a cat with some trauma in its previous life

I'm old enough to remember when just about every cat pricked up its ears at the sound of a tin being opened, before we were all ripped off for ever by the introduction of pouches and trays - and because tins are still cheaper and contain more than pouches people feeding strays and feral colonies usually use tins, but they have ring pulls these days

if your cat reacts to the sound of a tin opener rather than a ring pull it could be a clue to his age, if you don't already know it
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Rescued Stray Cats - Echoes of former lives

Post by alanc »

Nothing to do with feeding (Misty would respond to anything that contained food), but my old Misty used to have a hang up about scratching posts. He would never use one, nor would he scratch the furniture or carpets. He always went outside and stropped his claws on my garden shed. He always looked rather guilty whilst doing this, although I never chastised him for doing it - far from it.
Shed looked a bit worse for wear by the time he died!