Lost cat possibly stuck on another estate

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
JamesB
New Cat Chatter

Lost cat possibly stuck on another estate

Post by JamesB »

Hi all. We have a missing cat, which sucks. At the same time another cat has 'appeared', matching ours' description, in an estate about 2 miles away. It's on the other side of a busy road so it's possible she got over there and couldn't get back, meaning she's instead hanging around the houses and scavenging for food. She has been seen quite a few times but so far has eluded capture, and when we walk around calling and shaking treats she hasn't come out, possibly because she's scared (or because she isn't actually our cat).

I'd like to capture her and, if she's not ours, get her scanned for microchips so we're sure she isn't another person's lost cat (none of the locals know where she's come from). There are other cats in the area too though, so a baited trap would probably just trap them instead. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Lost cat possibly stuck on another estate

Post by Crewella »

I'm sorry your cat's missing - it's horrible. I hope you do find her.

The best time to look for her is late at night or very early morning, when it's quiet - there's lots of advice here:

http://www.catchat.org/lost.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JamesB
New Cat Chatter

Post by JamesB »

Thanks. I'll camp out tonight in the area with some chicken and a keen eye then, I guess. Probably have the whole neighbourhood out!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Not just a keen eye - listen out for any response. My little ex-feral got hit a glancing blow by a car and holed up in our garage behind an old piano. Not far away, but I'd never have found her if not for a tiny squeak in response to my calling her!

Good luck!
Pinkglitter1
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Pinkglitter1 »

Hi,

Is there any news?? X