Hello

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Oddcat
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Hello

Post by Oddcat »

:lol: :lol: you're probably right Mayday. I've never been any good at lip service and all that corporate jazz.

Probably should have thought of something better to say though ... I'll be ready for them next time :)
catslave16
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by catslave16 »

Oddcat, I'd give you the job, too. I hate management speak and the kind of rubbish you're supposed to spout nowadays, an the stereotyped questions they throw at you at interviews, like 'Tell us about a time when you went the extra mile for your team'. Er... I'd been working as a part-time community learning tutor, so I didn't HAVE a team. I've had the same set of questions from very different firms. I once went for a job as assistant librarian, and mentioned I'm a writer and a Creative Writing tutor, but I was told there were no boxes to tick for that and therefore no points to earn, so a fireman would have the same chance as me to get the job. Which reminds me that a few years ago all the local volunteer firemen were put through a job interview process, and the majority of them were told they weren't suited to the job - even though some of them had been doing it for twenty years. Which suggests to me there was something wrong with the interview process, not with the firemen!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Off topic I know, but I agree with you catslave. I was once made redundant from my job as a ceramic designer. To improve my chances of work I described myself as a 'surface pattern designer'. I was told it was too limiting. I pointed to the wallpaper, curtains, carpet, books, furniture, the skirt I was wearing and the mug of tea in front of the interviewer and said 'all 'surfaces' that can take a pattern, limiting? I think not!'

Needless to say I didn't get the job - not that I would have been happy working for numptys. :roll: :lol:
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Perhaps they were looking for patterns that went 'deeper', Sue! ;) :P