It took 10 months for Milla to stop babying her kittens :)

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

It took 10 months for Milla to stop babying her kittens :)

Post by Joe_Danger »

I notice she is more and more independent now, for the past 10 months she'd barely come over to be petted and such like she used to now she seems to be getting back to her old self. She'd always give up her food for both Casper and Kala if they so much as sniffed in her bowl or plate while she was eating, now I see her sometimes butting into Casper or Kala's food and either eating together with them or sometimes they step aside and let their mom eat as much as she wants.

She still has a habbit of cleaning them after she has eaten however in the past month or so Casper seems to have grown out of this for some reason so he just walks away when she starts cleaning him out of nowhere lol

Casper and Kala are absolutely inseparable and constantly want to be by my side. The whole experience of Milla re accepting Casper as her kitten after 3 whole months is something I'll never forget, just that moment back then when she realized it was one of her kittens was amazing.
Man, wish I could keep Marco and Medo too :)

I know Marco is doing well, the family who adopted me call sometimes, I even got to see him live on camera and he was as sweet as ever, but I don't have much info on Medo other than he grew into a stunning looking tom.

Here's a recent pic of Casper and Kala
IMG_1086_LR.jpg
IMG_1086_LR.jpg (166.2 KiB) Viewed 3543 times
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: It took 10 months for Milla to stop babying her kittens :)

Post by Crewella »

Oh just look at them! She really did give you some gorgeous kittens! :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

They are really so sweet! :D
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi Joe - well, haven't they grown? Gorgeous! Yes, it sounds about normal, Milla's mothering; the majority of cats do enjoy mothering and some just never stop - one of my Siamese once grabbed her son by the scruff (he was bigger than she was!) and hauled him into the kittening box because she'd gone into labour and well, kittens again, was it? Here's one I made earlier! And I had to keep her son and his sister away from a new litter or she'd let them in for a swig at the milk bar :o :lol:
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by mr_frisky »

They are gorgeous. My mother cat still mothers her kittens (even through they are 5 & 6 now), although not too intensely.
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joe_Danger »

Thanks everyone, glad you like the pic
All three are happily playing and running around as I type this :)

This week we're hopefully finally taking Casper to a clinic that can do bloodwork to check if he there are any kidney issues since as I said in the health section his pee clumps are fairly big, so even my vet got worried but as y'all said he doesn't appear to be showing any bad signs so it's probably and hopefully nothing.
If it is something tho, getting him to eat special food won't be easy since he isn't into dry food at all and vets don't import the wet renal foods here, so we'll see how that goes, again he is probably fine but since even my vet feels he should be checked out we definitely have to.

Outside of that little worry tho everything is as perfect as can be with all 3 :)

And Ms. Lillith, your stories about your Siamese cats never fail to bring a smile to my face and I often share them with some of my friends and family who also love cats, you've had such amazing experiences with your cats throughout the years.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Joe they're gorgeous - definitely like mother like daughter with Milla & Karla. Keep us posted re Casper - sure everything will be fine. And I agree with you re: Ms Lillith'snposts. :lol: Vivian
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww, thanks guys! :oops: :) It's not just the Siamese though, all my cats have been wacky characters :o

Good luck with Casper's bloods, Joe; do hope there's nothing untoward. I excavate BOULDERS out of Mouse's tray and (paws crossed) she's 14 and has never ailed in her life apart from mild arthritis. So I hope it's just the way Casper is - good luck :)
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joe_Danger »

That puts my mind at ease even more, but we'll know once the tests are done
The vet who is supposed to do it is still on vacation though so hopefully she will come to work tomorrow and we'll be able to schedule a check up and bloodwork for next week at the latest from what we were told.
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joe_Danger »

The girl who adopted Medo just sent me some pics, totally unexpected and it made me very happy

Medo grew up to be a truly stunning tom! :D
IMG_11782.jpg
IMG_11882.jpg
IMG_1174.JPG
I'm so glad to see the girl who adopted him taking such wonderful care of him! I wasn't sure at first, but she proved to be a fantastic owner
I can't thank her enough for taking such good care of my Medo.

Marco is also incredibly well taken care of, I just don't have pics of him
Attachments
IMG_1174.JPG
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Lovely pictures, and it must be reassuring for you to get news of your boy. That's the trouble with breeding from your own cat - you have to let the kittens go eventually.
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joe_Danger »

Unlike Kala, Casper isn't too keen on getting groomed regularly anymore, but Milla uses every chance she gets when he is relaxing or napping to give him a good grooming.
IMG_1235_LR2.jpg
She specifically climbed up on my computer desk now to clean her boy up nice and good :)
MarySkater wrote:Lovely pictures, and it must be reassuring for you to get news of your boy. That's the trouble with breeding from your own cat - you have to let the kittens go eventually.

agreed
we would've kept all 4 if my grandparents were a tad younger and if it was possible to keep cats there now, but it kinda isn't, they wanted to tho so we don't have to part with any of them.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww isn't Medo gorgeous!!!

Love the pic of Kala and Casper - can just imagine what they're saying:-

Kala - Look at the state of this ear, my lad!

Casper - Aww, Ma, give over!

:D
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Lovely pics, Medo is a real beauty too, like the rest of them! :)