Overseas Forum Users

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Jane

Overseas Forum Users

Post by Jane »

Recently Cat Chat had to install an extra layer of security on their server, to combat would-be hackers, as there has been an increase in attempts lately, mostly from outside of the UK. This security layer will present an extra page to visitors from certain countries, (including some European countries) with a simple question to prove that the visitor is a real person. It shouldn’t cause any problems, but if any forum users from outside of the UK experience any problems, please could you let us know on this thread, with as much detail as possible, so that settings can be adjusted if needed.

Thank you!
OHWS
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Overseas Forum Users

Post by OHWS »

It is well known that location cannot be reliably determined from IP address or by any other means on the internet.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

I've noticed an extra page pops up every time I log on and post as a kind of verifier (it lasts less than 2 seconds) but it's not a bother. As long as I'm not banned and can keep annoying others :P

The message goes along the lines of "Checking your browser before accessing Catchat"
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

User "Baggypants" has contacted me via Facebook to say that for her CatChat has been coming up as 'offline' for a good few days now. She's based in Portugal. I just checked with her a few minutes ago if CC is still offline for her and she's replied:

I've just deleted browser history and yep it's still telling me it's offline, error 522. It says my browser is ok and 'cloudfare' is ok but the site is offline. Possibly a firewall issue?? If I was on my desktop pic I could do a screenshot but I'm a bit limited on my tablet.
YogiBoy
Site Admin
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by YogiBoy »

Thank you to our overseas visitors for any feedback on this issue. We are working on getting access sorted for all our genuine Cat Chatters, whilst keeping out the 'naughty' robots!

Good to hear the "French" connection is sorted, now for Portugal...!

Love & Purrs
Yogi & staff
xxxx
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Baggypants »

Yay! I'm back in :-) Thanks everyone for your assistance!
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

I've had no issues from over here.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

Update. Message disappeared the last time I logged in. No issues from Spain.
Jane

Post by Jane »

:) That’s good, thanks for the feedback.